“Belle Steak” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Thomasville, North Carolina, United States
“Belle Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We are so lucky to have Joy & Chris Thompson select Thomasville to open one of the best restaurants and bar that we have ever visited. The food, drinks, and customer service is 5-Star! The food is exceptional. The selection of foods are extraordinary and served with a smile! We love the restaurant and I love the boutique! We have such an admiration for Joy & Chris and wish them success! We believe they deserve the support of Thomasville and the surrounding cities. Thank you, Thomasville, for patronizing Southern Sisters and the new boutique at the Sebastian Gallery.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

59% Recommend
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Oh Joy!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I came back to Southern Sisters to give it a good ole second try. One reason for returning is they have opened a boutique, Palette Boutique, right around the corner. I love the boutique and they have very stylish clothes and helpful employees. However, I cannot say the same about Southern Sisters. One of the employees at the boutique talked me into trying the restaurant again and so I thought I would. I walked in and immediately walked into a sour faced hostess who did not greet me. I told her the number in my party and last name. She the scribbled it down, looked behind me, acknowledge some others and proceeded to seat them. She did not give me a wait time or tell me to have a seat. I was very astonished at how I was dismissed. So I turned to my party and said, “I guess we just sit and wait?” She came back glared at us and walked off to play with the drink machine. Others were waiting in the waiting room and had a look of dismay on their faces as well. I’m not sure if she was just having a bad day but I didn’t see this girl utter one word or smile not one time in the 10 minutes we waited. The longer I waited the more it angered me to know that this was exactly what my first review said about this place; “The hostess was not very friendly.” This is very unprofessional and for a business to keep people coming in the door you need a pleasant face upon customers arrival. I got up with my party and decided to leave. I was not going to write a second bad review. Until what I am about to tell you next. I wanted to do the “southern thing” and call and tell the manager/owner of what I had just encountered. I was connected with the owner Chris at first; he was very pleasant and he offered for me to come back and apologized for the horrible experiences I had encountered and was a delight to deal with. Chris then told me he would connect me with his wife Joy and inform her of the situation. I told Joy the stories of the first time and this time. (Note: The first time all orders were wrong, we paid a hefty bill and didn’t say a word.) I told Joy about how I shop at the boutique and how I actually am dressed in those clothes today. She did not care at all. She was the upmost unprofessional person I have ever dealt with. I deal with the public every day, but for her to own a business (or two) and to think they will flourish in Davidson County with this kind of attitude is unbeknownst to me. Joy defended the hostess and said she seated the people before us because they were there before us (I knew that). I am not sure why she mentioned that. All of her “excuses” for the hostess were ludicrous. What happened to the customer is always right? After reading some of the reviews about others being ignored by the hostess or the hostess being missing; it seems to be a common thing. Joy mentioned to me that she had never had a complaint on this before. Joy proceeded to flip on me when I did not want to give her my name. I said I would just like to remain anonymous and I don’t want to give my name anymore. I would’ve but she seemed to be really hostile towards me for whatever reason. After saying I wouldn’t give my name she screamed at me and said well “How about you’re banned from Southern Sisters and Palette Boutique.” WOW. I am now banned. Seems she doesn’t have a name to ban me with and for what? This is the craziest thing I’ve ever dealt with. It seems her husband should have solely dealt with this issue. I shopped earlier this week at Palette Boutique and as I do just about every week. I don’t care if they have my name or not. I will never spend another dime in either place. I will also make it my personal mission to inform each person I come into contact with to tell them about this horrendous place of business. Best wishes trying to be successful with this type of customer service.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
cleveland
“A wonderful dining experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I had dinner at Southern Sisters on August 3, 2013. It was my first visit there and I must say it won't be my last. The food was delicious, the servers were professional and very pleasant. The atmosphere and food made it a place that I want to continue to visit when I'm in town. A+++ Experience.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winston Salem
“In over their heads.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I've waited for weeks and repeated visits to finally give my thoughts so here goes. Firstly I want to say that the restaurant has a lot of potential. Unfortunately the ownership have no clue and so begin the problems... Starting from the front door - Southern Sisters suffers from very bad training of the wait staff. And I mean very bad. The front end is one of my main pet peeves. They're slow to make first contact once you're seated and they're slow from then on. They certainly don't see things from the patron's perspective. However, the staff are knowledgeable of the menu.

The food...
It's not southern. It's a mockery of southern food. It's when southern ingredients are used to make alien, non-southern versions of whatever it is. For instance the fried okra - instead of observing historical common sense by cutting it cross-ways so that the tough fibers are easier to manage in your mouth, they cut it long ways so that it's prettier. Understand that you'll be chewing like a cow to get it down. The larger, tougher pieces I've just plain given up on and left on the plate. The taste is actually very good, by the way.

The rest of the menu is about the same. Although they make a pretty good chicken sandwich and that's what I usually get. But as for typical "southern" staples - forget it - they're not done properly. Southern Sisters is all about ambiance and a pretentious idea that they can get away with this in an area where most of the people know better but are usually out for a good time and don't want to drive to Greensboro or Winston Salem for something to eat. I've talked with some locals that have went in, sat down, and walked right out without having tried anything and left based upon the poor service and a glance at the menu.

I've rated the atmosphere highly because it is in fact very good.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
High Point, North Carolina
“Not what I expected...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

The good was very greasy & I was disappointed with the quality of the food. Will not go back. Don't get fooled like I did by the crowds of people waiting outside to go inside.

• Visited July 2013