“Great staff, Great Price, Lovely Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thomasville/High Point/Lexington

You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thomasville/High Point/Lexington to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thomasville/High Point/Lexington
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   959 Lake Rd, Thomasville, NC 27360   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Thomasville
somewhere out there beneath the pale moon light
“Great staff, Great Price, Lovely Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

On 7/20 I stayed at another hotel offering Stay & Park. After a horrendous night I left my car & 7/21 shuttled to CLT for HOU. I had no intention staying there upon return to Charlotte on 7/28. Luckily, I booked one night @ The Microtel Inn, Thomasville, NC an hour north of Charlotte. After an afternoon flight, & hour plus drive I needed a comfortable, clean reasonably priced room.The Microtel Inn, Thomasville, NC was that and more. The management & staff were stellar. I telephoned to say I'd be checking in late. The woman warmly & graciously reassured me not to worry. Upon my arrival, I observe the entryway & parking lot were clean & nicely landscaped. Mr. Amin, the manager greeted me. He was cordial, thorough, professional & attentive. The lobby was very neat, clean & attractive. Mr. Amin assisted me with my bags escorting me to my 2nd floor room. I felt safe as a woman travelling alone. The bedding was fresh, the pillows just right & the bed was so comfortable I could have taken it home! The bathroom was well cleaned with plenty fresh towels & toiletries The room was clean & the furniture was well dusted and vacuum.This is not a luxury hotel, but it is clean, comfortable, quiet & met my needs for a good night's rest before a four hour drive. The Get Up and Joe breakfast was an adequate continental style with fruit, muffins pastry, fresh milk, juices, good coffee, cereals & tea. No hot waffles,but at the price I saved on the room I'd happily go out for a full course breakfast. Mr. Amin, the manager and his wife (she assured me late check-in was okay) were lovely, friendly, kind people. Mr. Amin even assisted me in finding John Coltrane's High Point boyhood home. Nice trip ending with a great stay at the Microtel Inn, Thomasville, NC with the Amins. I will be going back to see more sites in NC before the summer's over. I'm planning on attending the 2nd Annual John Coltrane Jazz Festival in High Point this September. I will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: Close to town and not a bit of seediness to be seen!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Oxford, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We arrived at the location around 8pm. Check in was smooth. However, they were doing some type of maintenance in the hallway ceiling two doors down from us, which at times were loud. But they finished up around 9pm which was before we laid down for the night so it was at worst a distraction. We stayed in a standard double queen room. Room was small but clean. If you're staying longer than a day or two you may want to see if their suites would be more suitable. Bathroom was clean, no mold in site. They provide you with sufficient towels/washcloths. However, they do skimp on toiletries. Two bars of soap (facial and body); one bottle of shampoo for a room made to occupy up to 4 people doesn't seem reasonable. Not sure if additional items were available on demand, we did not ask since there were only two of us. No coffee pot in site. Beds were surprisingly comfortable. Each bed was neatly made with a contemporary style. Linens had a fresh smell to them and appear to have just been washed. However, one of the comforters had a stain on it. Not a big deal for us since we don't like sleeping with comforters...it found it's way onto the floor. Figured we can't be alone with throwing them on the floor and odds are they don't get washed after each guest's stay so we don't use them. Ironing board was cumbersome to use since they attach the iron directly to the board with an elastic tether (guess in the past, some irons must have walked away) TV was mounted on top of the wardrobe (made for easy viewing) and did not have clear reception. Most, if not all, of the channels had some type of static to them but were watchable. Not an issue since we arrived late in the day and were only awake for a few hours. Our room was located facing the road and although this hotel is located off the highway and pretty much in the middle of nowhere, there were enough loud traveling vehicles to cause, at times, issues while trying to sleep. Most of the traffic stopped between 10 and 11, so it was pretty much peaceful after that.

There were two issues that were a total turnoff for me or any other guest (no matter how inexpensive their stay may be) First, upon check in we were told not to use the A/C on the coldest setting nor on high speed or it would freeze up. Room was extremely hot when we arrived, at least 90 degrees. Running the A/C on a medium settings took a long time to cool down, about 30 minutes. Room temperature was comfortable over night. Second, there's a huge sign on the ice machine (only ONE ice machine and it's down in the lobby...we were on the second floor so this was inconvenient) that warns customers not to use their personal coolers when getting ice. That they should use the room ice buckets and if caught using their personal coolers they will be charged a fee. WHAT HOTEL SERIOUSLY CHARGES (OR WARNS) ITS GUESTS FOR ICE???? I'm sure it can not be that expensive of an overhead to worry about. Perhaps it was because the ice machine was a smaller unit and unable to produce ice at an acceptable rate.

They provide a free continental breakfast, however, unless a "HOT" breakfast is provided, I usually do not waste my time eating cold cereal or bagels.

A laudry facility is available to their guest.

One downside, NO swimming pool. Even though we only stayed one night, we would have loved to take a dip in a pool or relax in a hot tub after our travels.

Check out was pleasant and quick.

Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Comfortable beds, clean rooms, friendly staff. If staying during the summer ask that they turn on yo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
juqua1
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I was a little worried about staying here at first...I'm in NC visiting family, and knew I would be out most of the time. This hotel is off an exit where there is nothing but 2 gas stations (wonderful- a quiet area)....the room was small, but OMG the bed was so comfortable, the TV could be watched at night without having to prop yourself way up on pillows, and being on the third floor, I could also open my window without worry. The room was clean, the hotel was quiet, and for three nights, I slept like a baby - I'm a women traveling alone, and this place was perfect for the best price around. Oh and the fastest internet of all the hotels I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Being alone I was in a small room with a queen size bed- very comfortable!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
West Palm Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Seldom do you get your money worth and more. I had a nice queen-suite, good TV reception for the NBA playoff championship game 2. The bed was exceptionally comfortable since I fell a sleep in the 4th quarter but I got a good nights rest. My only concern was that the AC unit was marginal; as requested by the manager, I kept the thermostat on low but the temp didn't feel real cool until the next morning. My wife is an interior designer in FL and I'm trained, so to speak, to look for color coordination and surrounding cloth materials ( a seating area(?) over the AC unit and under the window was really drap, the dark red material gave a dark and dirty feeling). However, overall I rated the overnight experience as "very good." The manager and his wife were very nice people. Don

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Greenville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

For the money this is the nicest hotel I've stayed at on business trips. Some of the placed I looked at in the same area for about the same money were scary. The rooms were nice, the bed comfortable with fluffy billowy white quilts. The bathroom clean, with all I needed. When I walked into the room the fragrance reminded me of a girl's shampoo. Employees were nice enough and it had a little continental breakfast. I'm not claiming it was a Hilton, but for the money it is the best value I've had in two years of working out of town construction projects. If I ever go back to Thomasville this will be the place I stay for sure.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thomasville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I had been staying in this hotel since April 9 due to having family issues. The stay to begin was friendly and courteous. I had a discounted rate because I had found a special. I would extend my stay every few days. Until Tuesday this week. I had not checked out yet and the manager had booked the room out from under me. His reasoning wad because someone wad going to pay more than I was going to. That is illegal to do in the state of north Carolina. So he proceeded to tell me that he had no room that I could stay in the bathroom. I became furious and let down even discriminated against as a paying consumer. I went back to the room and called corporate and told me the only thing they could really do was provide a refund. I am still furious and I will be taking action. My wife came to see me one night and was blocked by a few guys staying there almost assaulted. I would stay away from here they are bad news. That was my stay in a nutshell.

• Stayed April 2012
Harshad1943, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thomasville/High Point/Lexington, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
We have Furniture Market and we were sold out for friday, saturday and Sunday. He tells me
Wednesday morning that he wants extends his stay thru weekend. I told him and even showed him printout that we are soldout and unfortunately i can not extend his stay. I wish i can tell him to stay but no room to sell. He don't wont to understand supply and demand.
He was a good customar and extend best wishes to him. I even offer to find room down the road and used " F ' word which is not in directory and we do not tolerate these kind of language
from anybody.
Thanks.
Thomasville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

After several days at the beach with late night/early a.m. constant daily calls to/from other family members not on vacation, I packed up and left, came home, and checked into the Microtel motel for two nights to finish out my vacation time - without interfering phone calls and lots of rest. The bed was incredibly comfortable as well as clean, and I had no problem falling asleep. I'm not sure if the TV was working correctly as I tried to turn the volume down and it seemed to stay the same. I thought HBO was included, but never found it in the channel line-up, although a HBO guide was in the room. This was not an important factor, so I left it as is. Continental breakfast was satisfying and nearby restaurants were less than 2 miles away at the Interstate. The staff was very nice and the manager asked if I would be willing to give a review, offering this website. This was my first stay even though I lived less than 5 miles away.

Room Tip: Stayed on 2nd floor near the elevator. No bothersome sounds even though room faced the interstate a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thomasville/High Point/Lexington? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thomasville/High Point/Lexington

Address: 959 Lake Rd, Thomasville, NC 27360
Location: United States > North Carolina > Thomasville
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Thomasville
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thomasville/High Point/Lexington 2*
The Microtel Inn in Thomasville, NC offers Free wireless internet access, Free Local & Long Dist. call within USA, Comfortable 1 Queen, 2 Queen, Suites, Jacuzzi rooms plus pet friendly hotel accommodations on assigned rooms only. Complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. Call us to book room at great price. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Wyndham, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thomasville/High Point/Lexington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn And Suites Thomasville Hotel Thomasville
Microtel Thomasville
Thomasville Microtel

If you own or manage Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thomasville/High Point/Lexington, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.