“Pick another Hotel” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Tarboro
Syracuse, NY
“Pick another Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

On our way to the Outer Banks we stayed at this hotel when recommended by a gas station attendant late one night who said the rooms were "$50/night" and in a "safe" area. The best they could do for price was $79.99. I noticed when we got home that our AAA discount that we asked about should have brought the room to $71.99...still too much for this place. From here on out we request to look at every room we plan to stay in. The rug was so grimy I had my sandals handy any time I left the bed. The bed spreads were faded and worn. Rooms appeared very cheaply furnished...I couldn't wait for the next morning. Bathroom was OK. Pool appeared OK. Front desk service aloof but sufficient. Just left me with a very "icky" feeling.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Greensboro, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

This was a good place for my wife and I to stay on our way to NE North Carolina. This was our half way stopover on our way to our final destination. Here are our highlights of our experience this hotel:

Microwave did not work--this was the only issue we had at this hotel.
Area seemed okay
It's located beside Pizza Hut and McDonalds
Walmart is right down street
Hotel looked nice
Room looked fairly new and clean
We checked in around 130am with no probs. Got to our room quickly.
King bed was nice. Slept better than a lot (I have a bad back so I'm always concerned about where I'm sleeping)
TV woked fine. Was not flat screen but had plenty of channels.
Our room had a sofa on one side and a nice desk with a good desk chair (not a cheapy)
Size of the room was good--plenty of room.
AC worked fine. It was freezing when we got in our room but once we cut AC off it was just right.
Wireless internet worked flawlessly and was fast.
Breakfast was fine. They had make your own waffles, individually wrapped sausage biscuits you heat in the microwave, pastries, danishes, cinnamon rolls, cereal, boiled eggs, toast, bagels, tea, coffee, milk, apple juice, and orange juice.
We asked for an extra hour to check out (checkout was 11) which was not a problem,
Checkout was quick and easy.
This was a great place to stay. It was a little off the beaten path but was cheaper than most other places on the interstate.
Shower was clean and worked fine. Water pressure was good. Bathroom size was okay. Shower was quite big and there was room to put stuff.
They had a pool but did not check that out.
Fitness room looked nice. Did not use it but looked good.

I would certainly recommend this place and would stay there again if ever passing through the area.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

There service was great and comforting. The people there are warming and helpful. I will stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2008

Nice basic hotel. I was asked my preference of floors, which I liked since I was a single woman traveling alone and not eager to be on first floor. A few fast food places where within walking distance so easy to get dinner after late night arrival.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

We stay at Choice hotels often, and this one was very nice and comfortable. We spent just one night here, but would stay here if in the area again. It was a good value.

• Liked — It was comfortable, clean and staff was very nice.
  • Disliked — Did not dislike anything about the place. The area is not too much to "shout" about, though.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!