“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tarboro
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stayed while attending graduation festivities at ECU. An easy 'commute' to ECU and Greenville. Hotel is clean and staff are very helpful. Breakfast was good...same as other Best Western but items were fresh and re-plenished hot. Fitness room with lower-end equipment, but great to have the option right there. Pool area was nice (not opened as of yet).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Oakland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Not many choices in the area. It will get you by for a few nights. Rooms are small beds are, well ok in a pinch. Food in the morning is ok one time if your in a hurry but not something I would repeat.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

As usual phenomenal stay. I stayed three days and everything was top notch. Complementary breakfast was the best I ever had. Front desk help was 5 star. Rooms are exceptionally clean. Hotel really makes you feel like home. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Nothing fancy but it suited my purpose when traveling for business. It was a quiet stay and the room was clean! What I would like to comment on is that I left a Expensive Marmot Rain Jacket in my bedroom closet. I expected that I would not see it again. I called the hotel and they were kind enough to mail it to my home. The staff was nice while I was stayed there for 4 nights and even nicer to hunt down my jacket and mail it to me! Thank you for your honesty and for getting it back to me.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Tarboro is a small town in the countryside of North Carolina. I travel here regularly for business and worry about finding a decent hotel. The Best Western is the best place in town since there are very few choices in Tarboro. I have stayed at other properties and this place has the nicest staff that make you feel welcome. They also have someone at the front desk at all hours which makes me feel safe. The location is very convenient, and the rooms and beds are clean and comfortable. You can't expect too much luxury around here, and the comfort I feel in this hotel outweighs any concerns I have read from other reviews! Any hotel can have some bad guests, but I can tell you it is rare here. Just good honest working people in a small rural town.

Room Tip: ask for a room on ground floor. There is a "suite" that has extra room in a living area an...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Tarboro, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

There's not much choice of hotels in Tarboro NC, but the Best Western is tired. The fitness center has cheap equipment which is dilapidated and there was no remote for the hotel. My blanket had a hole the size of my thumb in it. There are no spare blankets in the rooms. The service is lackadaisical. I was promised a very "nice" quiet room, and 10 minutes after arriving they started shampooing the carpet outside my door. Then a workman put up a ladder right outside my window and proceeded to do some repair work. Cleaning equipment is left around in the hallways and the general atmosphere is sloppy.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Although the staff is friendly, this hotel is ghetto. I dubbed it The Booty Call Inn because most guest were there just to party. Loud at all hours. Marijuana smoke in the halls and elevators. Of the blunt variety. And the arguing all night woke us up at least twice a night. Cops were even called because of this. The breakfast was extense and hot but my husband got sick from it. Thank goodness I didnt eat anything but a bagel. The wifi has to go through to the website so you can agree to terms of service. This made his Xbox Live unplayable. The showers were good and hot. Thank goodness because we were so tired from being woken up from the noise. Maybe it was because this hotel sits in Tarboro that our experience was so bad. It may be worth it to you to stay in a different town. We will not be staying here again.t

• Stayed February 2014

Been to BEST WESTERN Tarboro Hotel? Share your experiences!