“Great time!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Daddy Joe's

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tabor City
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Daddy Joe's
You added Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Daddy Joe's to your Saves list
626 Richard Wright Road, Tabor City, NC 28463   |
Hotel deals
“Great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

First time camping and we were worried that we would be bored. No chance! Many activities to choose from and the pools and water slides were a big hit. A great family environment. We rented a cabin for the weekend and plan a return trip to try tent camping.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reidsville, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is a wonderful place to camp especially if you have small children. They love Yogi! The Creamery is just a plus! If you don't like to be on the beach this is a great place to be near the beach! We like it because it is out of all the traffic but if we decide to get into the traffic we just travel about 45 minutes down the road to Myrtle Beach!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have camped here probably 4-5 times since last year and we LOVE it! First let me start at the beginning from making reservations, I have always received someone friendly on the phone each time I have called and have always been helped when asking questions about lots and activities etc. Check in is always fast and easy. We prefer the wooded lots which are 1-17 and prefer the odd number side because you face the road the right direction to people watch. The rest of the lots are more open with no trees. They do have a pretty cool area where if you have several friends with campers, they have 4 lots that face each other and they form a square with a grassy area in middle to share, kinda like your own courtyard.. There is plenty of activities for the kids to do. Some do cost money but they usually are like crafts or tye dye shirts. They have a cool gem mining for the kids (cost money) but my kids loved it. They now have 2 pools, 2 waterslides, a splash pad which is great, huge bounce pillow, miniature golf, basketball court, horseshoes, dog park, they just added a baseball field and bike track. Plenty of fishing ponds. Also they have an ice cream shop on site that makes the best ice cream. So much more that I am probably forgetting right now.BUT well worth the money and trip! I will also say I do like that they don't charge a wristband fee to do slides and miniature golf etc like some other Yogi Bear Parks do, that is really a turn off for me when I am already paying $50-60 a night to camp and then have to pay for a wristband. So I am glad they do not and hope they continue to keep it this way. Also they have golf carts you can rent. NOW the only things I can complain about...at the pool they don't let you have alcoholic beverages, they even searched our cooler, which I understand liability why (I guess) but they were like police scanning and even standing there to make sure we took it out, which was ridiculious! Here is why..one they didn't allow an open beer can in a coozie but yet you could have a diet coke (which could be spiked with liquor) . I say allow it so you know what parents to keep an eye on. If when you pass by to do your arm band checking and someone looks like they have had to much then you ask them to leave the area..I mean they are drinking at their site anyways and letting their 8-9 yr olds drive all around on the golf carts which I found that to be more a liability. I even saw one kid texting and driving a golf cart who looked to be about 9 yrs old. The only other thing would be we wish the fishing ponds were a little more stocked and the sides of the ponds cleared off so that fishing could be done more easily, lines get caught up in the algae but not all the ponds are this way... OVERALL we love this place and will continue to return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

This camp ground is great. always stuff for the kids. its like a big family. movie time at night for the camp. they have ice cream at the creamery that is great. most of the staff are the nicest people. the only negative thing is there is nothing else around to do. but the activities girl works really hard to keep things planned and entertaining.

• Stayed April 2013
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have reviewed Daddy Joes before, but it has been 2 years. We have been 4 times since, 1 time in 2011, and 3 in 2012. Going 3 more times this year, 2013. Nothing but great things to say about Daddy Joes. Mrs. Diane at the front desk is the sweetest. She is very helpful and the best to reserve with. They have added so much stuff in a short 2 year period. Another pool, more cabins, and I'm not sure how many campsites. It is just great!! The bath houses are very clean, park is clean, and if you have a problem, the staff Is on it. I had some fire ants on my site last year, and I called about it, and in 15 minutes they were there to take care of the mounds. My boys keep asking when we are going back to see Yogi. I really want to try some other campgrounds, but I just can't take myself away from this park. The boys enjoy it so much, so I feel bored at other campgrounds. Looking forward to a 2013 camping season, with 3 of my trips scheduled for Daddy Joes. Looking forward to that homemade ice cream!!!!

Room Tip: Buddy sites are great if you can take 4 campers. Stay away from ponds in spring/summer months, mosq...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
newbern nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This Campground is nothing but the best !
The place is clean and loaded with things to do .
I experienced all of the people that work there and every one of them were top notch , happy and glad to be doing what they do .
This place has got it together.
Other camp grounds should stay here for a weekend to see how its supposed to be done!
They charge reasonable prices for exceptional service! I cant wait to go back

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Clayton, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was our second trip to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Tabor City.
Our initial experience wasn't the greatest as the "check-in" staff was rather rude. We arrived an hour before check in to discover that we would be charged an extra $10 bucks for arriving early. This was clearly NOT something that was disclosed to me when I called to make reservations. Furthermore, after we were charged this extra fee, a camper was still on our site as the previous campers had not yet left. We ended up sitting in another site, hooked up, and waiting for the people to leave. At other campgrounds we have visited, if you arrive a few minutes early, they just allow you to wait WITHOUT the charge. The office staff kept repeating the "charge extra" mantra to the lady who was helping us check in. Really came off as money grubbing! Aside from that experience, we did have a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Daddy Joe's? Share your experiences!