“The Best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 26 Restaurants in Swansboro
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Waterfront dinner at it's best, Chef David Owens serves only Fresh Local Seafood. With a Dock & Dine feature allowing boats to pull up and dine on our docks. Restaurant is open 7 days a week, serving Lunch & Dinner.
Wellborn, Florida
“The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Saltwater Grill is one of the best places I've been in a long time. This was a spur of the moment stop and the staff and the food are over the top. The chef does things with food that are truly amazing. We were directed there by the new Hampton Inn front desk people. What an enjoyable evening...I was only disappointed that we didn't get to meet the Chef... Thank you--- I hope to come back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Can't beat the sunset view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

After I finished some work in Swansboro, my 6 year old son was hungry and my mother is visiting from Cali, so I was just trying to find a place with a beautiful sunset view and food acceptable for everyone involved. The parking lot was empty at 4:30pm on a Tuesday in January, but we still took the risk. Very glad we did. It was so peaceful and decorated pleasantly with white linens and flowers. My son loved the mini burgers, but wasn't crazy about the boxed Mac-n-cheese. I really liked the she crab soup and homemade Ranch dressing for my salad. My mother was satisfied with her salmon salad, but liked the Saltwater Grill best for the friendly low-key service and relaxed atmosphere. Anyhow, it was remarkably better than the "fine" dining we have experienced in Jacksonville. Best of all, you cannot beat the SUNSET VIEW over the water.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Crystal Coast
“Overlooks White Oak River”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I love the atmosphere even if some of my party had difficulty managing the stairs it was worth the climb. Great food, friendly staff.

Visited November 2012
“Good food, great service, and amazing view.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner at the saltwater grill last Saturday. It was outstanding. We ate there when it was ducks and the difference is like night and day. We were greeted by our server Russell right way. He was very young but had good manners was was very familiar with the menu. He had full knowledge of the beer menu. He listed off every beer they had, he didn't miss one (I was starring at the list of beers behind him at the bar). We got conch fritters as an app, and they tasted like they were straight from Jamaica. My beer and water were constantly full, as soon as the last drop hit my tongue Russell was right there with another. I got the angus filet and lobster as my meal and Russell helped my wife make a decision on the tuna ponzu. It took a long time for us to get our food, but it was worth it. He described it exactly as it came out and tasted, like he eats them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The filet was cooked perfectly and the fried lobster was great. The tuna was good as well and the ponzu sauce was out of this world. It started to get extremely busy in the restaurant. From what we saw it looked like our server had at least 6 other tables (I was a server for 2 years and having 6 tables is very stressful). Russell was still making sure that the food was good and that we had enough drinks. By the time we finished eating we got the check, and it took our server quite a bit to come pick it up, but I was very understanding due the busyness. The owner stopped by our table to see how everything was and he was very professional by the way he presented himself and words he chose. If your going out to eat in swansboro choose the saltwater grill. The view is 10 times better then any restaurant around there, and same goes for the food. We will definitely be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Swansboro, North Carolina
“A little expensive for what we ended up with”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We live here and have eaten in this building under the various names since the longest running owners retired several years ago. The best view in town by far and the outdoor seating is protected so it is great nearly year round. We decided to give this "new place" a try on a Friday night. We were a little concerned when we pulled into the parking lot and there were very few cars at peak dinner hours. Having seen the menu, our party of three knew what we were ordering in order to get a good variety. We had the calimari as an appetizer; very tasty! We had a drunken ribeye, shrimp and grits and a tuna entree. The steak was bland but was swimming in "sauce" and was undercooked for medium. The shrimp and grits were okay, a slightly different variation than most around here with the roasted red peppers, but still on the bland side. The tuna was "fishy" tasting and undercooked as well even for rare. The sides were good but also slightly bland. Not sure if it was part of the deal, but we never got bread. Our waitress was outstanding and the food arrived quickly so we kept our complaints to ourselves. They were out of our original wine choice, but the wine our waitress recommended was great! The beer menu had some good craft brews. The waitress gave us the dessert selections and even though it sounded a little strange, we picked the "Bacon Cupcake." It was very tasty. Overall, for the advertised prices ( 1 appetizer, bottle of wine, 3 entrees, 1 dessert: $150+) we expected much more. Not quite sure we will give them a second chance.

• Visited November 2012