“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Swansboro
Marietta, Oklahoma
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had come off the Outer Banks by Ferry and were really looking for a place to stop for the night. So far we hadn't seen anything we were willing to take a chance on. When we stopped at the Best Western we were pleasantly surprised. Clean, Quiet, nice staff and a decent breakfast in the morning. Tub did not drain well, but it didn't totally cover the tops of our feet so if that's our only complaint when stopping at 10 at night - it was a good night's rest.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

we had a wedding close bye on10/6/12 and stayed at best western in Swansboro every one was so nice there room were cheap and very clean and the breakfast was very very good will tell all about going there again

Room Tip: higher floors have lessa/c noise
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I had a nice stay at this hotel. Staff was very pleasant and welcoming. My room was upgraded to a suite (well - a larger room with a sofa). The sofa had one cushion that was badly beaten down but the other two were fine. The AC is close to the bed which presented some "air blowing on head while sleeping" issues. This is one of my pet peeves but most places are just designed that way. The bed was comfortable enough but I'd have appreciated a little bit heavier cover (again the dang AC). There is a recycling bin near the ice maker which I approved of. I think a lot of recycling happens in North Carolina so maybe it is the norm. Breakfast was more continental than most Best Western Plus hotels I have stayed at. They did have microwaveable biscuits with sausage and bagel toppers for hot items. They also had packages of hard boiled eggs, a waffle maker, a decent selection of cereal (yeah - Raisin Bran) and skim milk. Skim milk is an unusual item to see at a Best Western. We did not experience internet problems and my husband downloaded some large video podcasts with no problems. In fact, we have encountered much slower internet at many full service Marriott hotels we have stayed at. One previous reviewer mentioned that the shower was very nice - I agree and found it better than I have at home.

The hotel is older and some of that age is showing. That, combined with the limited breakfast, is why I could not rate this hotel excellent. All in all this was a fine stay for what I paid and I was happy to keep the $40 in my pocket that I would have spent had I stayed at the more expensive, new Hampton Inn in town. One last comment - the folks here are very nice.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was extremely impressed with the exceptional service at this hotel. The room was very very clean, with microwave, refrigerator, nice flat screen TV and we even had a tastefully placed jacuzzi. The entire staff went out of their way to make us feel like we were the most precious guest at the hotel. Even the lady cleaning the pool, greeted us by name and asked if we were enjoying our stay. Speaking of which, the pool like everything else was very clean and relaxing. My husband and I were staying at this hotel for a somewhat sad occasion, funeral yet it was still quite enjoyable. The location was great. Dunkin Doughnuts is in the same parking lot and there is a nice little store next door. The continental breakfast had nice choices and was kept stocked and clean. A special thanks to the hotel staff for going the extra mile in every way. I would highly recommend the Best Western in Swansboro. We normally stay at Hilton or Marriott products but Karen at the front desk assured me that we would be happy at the Best Western and she could not have been more right. This was much better than the Hampton Inn or the Fairfield Inn in Jacksonville.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our jacuzzi suite and normally I would not even consider getting into a bathtub in a hote...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
mygoodtrip, Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Silver Creek Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at Best Western Plus Silver Creek Inn. Your comments are very encouraging and motivate the BW Swansboro Team to deliver even better service. Thanks.
nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Last minute reservation they gave us a beautiful well appointed king jaccuzzi suite for a awesome rate, was it on the ocean ? no, but it was only a few minutes away, and considering some of the dumps we've stayed at around emerald isle, it was well worth the little drive over the bridge..great service,clean rooms and lobby,great breakfast, some of the best coffee anywhere.I would highly recommend it to anyone in the area ....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Emerald Isle, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We had business in Morehead City the weekend prior the 4th of July and because of this hotels were either VERY expensive or sold out in that area. We looked and found this Best Western in Swansboro, which was about 20 minutes away. We secured a smoking room (who would think they still existed) because that is all they had available last minute. It was fine. The rooms were well appointed with frig and microwave along with nice toiletries. Great location since it was close to "Old Swansboro" where they have nice restaurants and some cute shops. Our only complaint was that the free breakfast was a madhouse. Too many people trying to fit in a room with only a few tables and poorly laid out for such summer crowds. They have a meeting room that they could set up that would be more conducive for the summer. Overall, a good experience and much less expensive than surrounding hotels.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

This was a decent place to stay in Swansboro. The hotel was clean and the room was well appointed. The bed was good and the room was quiet. The location is good and they have a decent breakfast. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Silver Creek Inn? Share your experiences!