“One of the best hotels I've ever stayed at, Period.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro / near Camp Lejeune at Bear Creek Gate

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro / near Camp Lejeune at Bear Creek Gate to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro / near Camp Lejeune at Bear Creek Gate
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   215 Old Hammock Road, Swansboro, NC 28334   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Members Save 10%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Swansboro
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chesapeake, United States
“One of the best hotels I've ever stayed at, Period.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Every time my family comes to visit the area, there is no other option BUT to stay at the Hampton Inn in Swansboro. We have been staying there the past 4 years while I was stationed at Camp Lejeune and every single visit was a pleasure. The service is outstanding and the rooms are exceptional, especially for the price with a military discount. More than once have I called the front desk in the morning to request a later checkout because the beds were too comfortable to rush out of and every single request was granted. I will be leaving the area in the next month, but if i ever find myself back in the area, I know exactly where my family and I will be staying.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

crown142, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro / near Camp Lejeune at Bear Creek Gate, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for such a fantastic review. Our staff is the best. They truly work so hard to make our guests feel welcomed and taken care of. It's great to read that you have stayed with us several times and continue to experience the consistency you encountered on your first stay. Again, thank you for the great review and we look forward to many more visits. Barry Eagle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were there for the Croatan 24 Ultramarathon - Very convenient & so close to the Race! Friendly & helpful staff, clean rooms & a good breakfast - Would recommend and stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

crown142, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro / near Camp Lejeune at Bear Creek Gate, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for the kind review. Hope you did well in your race. Thank you for the comments on the staff and our amenities. Hope to see you for the next race. Barry Eagle
Bel Air, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times over the last 2+ yrs. It is consistent in it's cleanliness and has an extremely welcoming and professional staff. The complimentary breakfast is always fresh and continually restocked by the friendly staff. The complimentary passes for the Aquatic Club were an added bonus (since the hotel pool was closed for the winter).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the great review. I always love to read about return visits. I appreciate your comments on the our staff and hotel. Our staff is second to none and does everything in their power to ensure our guests are treated with the utmost respect and care. Glad you enjoyed the aquatic center passes. Since we don't have an indoor pool we provide those at no charge and we also proved free passes to the local fitness center if a guest is looking for a more enhanced workout. Again, thank you for the review and we look forward to many more visits. Barry Eagle
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I had the opportunity to spend some time at the Swansboro Hampton Inn & Suites last week and I can say nothing but GOOD about this hotel!

The rooms/suites were clean and comfortable and the amenities were outstanding. The manager, Ms. Linda W. Thornley was most helpful with any questions we had.

That spirit was pervasive throughout the entire hotel. People friendly and helpful! The room rates were quite reasonable. One really get's their money's worth here.

Out of all the hotels we've stayed at, from Florida to Virginia, this ranks among the top three.

Going to the southern outer banks? Stay at the Swansboro Hampton Inn and Suites. You'll be glad you did.

Bob H

Room Tip: It's all good!
Green Features: They're top rate! I believe that a lot of thought has been given as relates to environmentally-friendly practices throughout the entire building. These people care about the excellent services they provide.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
crown142, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro / near Camp Lejeune at Bear Creek Gate, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review and the nice comments on Linda and our staff. Glad to know we were one of your top 3 hotels on your travels on the east coast. Our hotel was chosen as one of Hilton's top Hamptons in the US. We won the Connie Award which was named after Conrad Hilton and given to the top 10 hotels in the US. Our staff works extremely hard to ensure our guests are taken care off and receive the best the experience possible. We hope to see you again in the near future. Barry Eagle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was nice and the breakfast staff were excellent. However, the hotel does not handle a DJ very well. I was on the second floor above the room the DJ was in. Very loud unable to read or watch TV due to noise. I called front desk they assured me the volume was going to be lowered at 10:00 pm- didn't happened I again called front desk was again assured it would be lowered -didn't happen! Very bad place to stay - appt next am unable to get sleep due to noise. Do not recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013
I am truly sorry for the experience you encountered. We did not expect the music to be as loud as it was and have addressed the issue with our front desk personnel who should have stopped the party at 10am as it was contracted. I believe our General Manager has reached out to you to address the issues you encountered during your stay. We do care about your business and hope that you will reconsider utilizing our hotel for a future stay. We take great pride in the guest experience and providing an enjoyable environment. Obviously, we are very disappointed when we let someone down but your review does help us to evaluate future functions in our meeting space and to determine ways to ensure this doesn't happen again. Barry Eagle
Temecula, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This hotel is a home away from home for me... I travel there at least four times a year & stay for a week or more. The staff is always friendly & helpful, and the complimentary apples/cookies were really good on this recent trip...I usually resist the cookies but couldn't resist this time... This is a convenient location with a variety of fuel, restaurants & stores in Swansboro making relaxation after work or enjoying some leisure time easy. For staying a little longer having good laundry & work out amenities right there is great. But the best thing is the people, I enjoy being treated like a VIP when on the road, don't "expect" it, but appreciate it when it's part of the package. I really like staying at this Hampton.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for the great review. I love to read when our guest compare our hotel to a Home away from Home. So glad that you have gotten to know our staff and enjoy all the amenities of the hotel and have been able to explore the great town of Swansboro. Our hotel is so convenient to so many things such as the beach, Jacksonville, Camp Lejeune, Hammocks Beach State Park. Sounds like you have been able to enjoy all the great restaurants and shops that Historic Swansboro offers. Again, thank you for the great review and we truly appreciate your business and loyalty to our hotel. Barry Eagle
Dumont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I was very satisfied with my stay at the Hamptom Inn. I will definitely go back. The price was very reasonable. the beds were extremely comfortable. My family was very impress with the cleanliness. The staff was very friendly. the check out and check in was very quick.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

crown142, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro / near Camp Lejeune at Bear Creek Gate, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review. We appreciate all your comments on the hotel. It's nice to read when guests recognize our cleanliness and the great service our staff gives. We hope you will get a chance to visit again sometime in the near future.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro / near Camp Lejeune at Bear Creek Gate? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro / near Camp Lejeune at Bear Creek Gate

Address: 215 Old Hammock Road, Swansboro, NC 28334
Location: United States > North Carolina > North Carolina Coast > Swansboro
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Swansboro
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro / near Camp Lejeune at Bear Creek Gate 2.5*
The Hampton Inn & Suites® Swansboro hotel is nestled in a historic North Carolina town on the banks of the White Oak River, which joins the intracoastal waterway and flows past the pristine beaches of Bear Island. Boasting quaint downtown charm, a small harbor and the lovely Hammocks Beach State Park (one of the most visited attractions in the state), you'll truly be in the middle of it all during your stay at our Swansboro, NC hotel. You can spend your days fishing, boating, camping and kayaking or just basking in the sun on the sandy beach. You'll also find plenty of golf, shopping, culture and amusement parks near our hotel in Swansboro. Travelers come from all over to enjoy the many exciting events, including the Arts by the Sea Festival, the Mullet Festival, Candlelight Shopping, the Christmas Flotilla, annual Oyster Roast, Blue Water Fishing Tournament, King Mackerel Tournament and the Speckled Trout Tournament… just to name a few! We're also a short drive to Jacksonville, where many of our finest Marines serve at Camp Lejeune.Visit the Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro hotel and experience "The Friendly City By The Sea". ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro / near Camp Lejeune at Bear Creek Gate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro Hotel Swansboro
Hampton Inn And Suites Swansboro

If you own or manage Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro / near Camp Lejeune at Bear Creek Gate, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.