“Great Veggies Too!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Palmetto, Florida, United States
“Great Veggies Too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We have been visiting here since the summer of 2008 and have never been disappointed. My husband claims its the best BBQ he has ever had. I love it because of the sides. I usually get collard greens, black eyed peas, red vinegar spicy coleslaw with jalepeno hush puppies. The service is always quick and the place clean. We love it! They also have some micro beers on tap.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Woodstock, Georgia
“Ribs fall off the bone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were in Asheville and looking for take-out so I went to my trusted Tripadvisor for some help. Just up the street was a #1 rated restaurant that served BBQ and they certainly lived up to their rating. My wife had a big pulled pork sandwich, with slaw and I ordered a rack of ribs. She loved her sandwich and I ate ribs for two nights. They were big and jucie. A stop for sure next time we are in Asheville area.

Asheville, North Carolina
“Best place for BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I typically don't eat pulled pork because I have always found it to be too fatty. At Okie Dokies, they smoke it with the fat but trim the fat before serving so you only get the delicious meat and not the fat! This is the ONLY place I will eat pulled pork. Their brisket is just as good and they have THE BEST fried pickles ANYWHERE. If you ever get the chance, make sure you stop in and get something to eat...you won't be disappointed! The servers are some of the friendliest and will always make sure that you enjoy your visit. All of the sides are tasty but my favorite is the baked beans. If you get the plate, you get two sides and hush puppies, so you won't go away hungry!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hartsville, South Carolina
“Decent barbecue for a fair price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I got off I-40 because of the sign for this place, called in a take out order, and got hush puppies, brisket, pulled pork, cole slaw and potato salad for $11.24 tax included. It was a fair amount of food for the money.

The pulled pork was decent, not really smoky, but good. The brisket was pulled/chopped and mixed with sauce, and had a better flavor than the pulled pork. The cole slaw was sweet, which I don't normally like, but mixed with the meat and on the bun for a sandwich, it was very good. The potato salad should be skipped. It wasn't good at all. The hush puppies were light and tasty, and their mild sauce was good. The people were friendly and this little no frills bbq joint was superior to almost anything I had in my multiple stops in Tennessee this week for far more money. I didn't get to try the ribs, but I would bet that they're tasty too. Worth the money.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Weaverville, North Carolina
“Friendly BBQ near Asheville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Local place for BBQ. Good pork and brisket, very, very tender ribs. Red slaw was totally yummy. Will go again.

• Visited July 2013