“Homemade never tasted so good!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sugar Island Bakery

Sugar Island Bakery
206 North Topsail Drive, Suite C, Surf City, Topsail Island, NC 28445 (Formerly Sugar on Front St)
+1 910-254-1110
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Surf City
Cuisines: Bakery, Dessert
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dessert
Description: Sugar Island Bakery & Supplies is a family owned and operated bakery located in Surf City, NC on Topsail Island. Our baked goods are all natural and made from scratch every day. Please understand, when we say "scratch" or "homemade" we don't mean that we defrosted it and baked it in the shop; or that we added water, stirred and baked. Our treats are made fresh DAILY from just the basics using as many local North Carolina ingredients as possible. Sugar Island is also a commercial wholesaler to many retail establishments, restaurants, and coffee houses. Sugar Island's retail shop is open 5 days a week, and we're always happy to accommodate special orders. You will also find a variety of home-baking supplies and local products in the shop. Over the years, we have been fortunate enough to amass a group of incredibly talented friends that include farmers, artisans, authors, designers, coffee roasters, and ice cream experts that produce amazing products we take pleasure in sharing. We have visited their farms, workshops, homes and studios and witnessed their creative process. We have seen that they believe in the fair treatment of employees and those around them in the community. Feel good in your shopping. You are supporting small, family-run businesses with eco-friendly practices. Local Food. Local Art. Rare Books. Used Books. Handmade Jewelry.
“Homemade never tasted so good!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I live in the area and I go to Sugar Island every week to get my fix of sweets. Sam and her mom, Tanish, are so great. I always end up staying to chat for awhile - they too are very sweet and so much fun!! The shop is homey and warm, with lots to entice you. If you love the rich and buttery taste of fresh baked goods, you must check out Sugar Island.

• Visited April 2014

Surf City, North Carolina
“More than outstanding !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

The best of everything ! All of the baked goodies are out of this world. Sam made a custom birthday cake for my husband. The B-2000. Everyone raved about it. She's the best.

• Visited November 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Samples!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stopped in to see this new place for myself! I found a caring talented chef "Sam" preparing baked goods.
I was offered a savory cheese pig cracker fresh out of the oven. It was amazing.
I plan on returning for all of the holiday goodies.

Denver, Colorado, USA
“Amazing custom cake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Sam created a custom cheesecake for me for a very special occasion. It was incredible!! She responded promptly to my request and was very easy to work with. I am looking forward to trying other goodies at the bakery next time I am in town. Thanks again, Sam!!! I would highly recommend this bakery.

• Visited November 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
“Outstanding food made and served by outstanding people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

One word sums up this place and the people that own it, OUTSTANDING!!!!!!! There aren't many places that you can go that you get food that warms your soul...this is one of those soul warming places!!

• Visited July 2013