“Fantastic!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

I am 14 years old and went to gallaghers with my family on a trip to Topsail Island. This was the first restaurant we went to and were very impressed. Me and my dad both ordered the bacon-wrapped scallops and they were fantastic. They came over pasta and it only cost about 7 or 8 dollars. The service was great and our waitress was friendly. Overall a very nice place.

Selma, North Carolina
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

The food here was very fresh and tasty. The shrimp linguini was the best I've ever had. Plenty of shrimp and the sauce was a light tomato based sauce with lots of garlic. Wonderful! My husband's fried scallops and flounder were excellent. I''m not a fan of fried seafood. It just covers the taste, but the breading on the flounder was amazing! A taste I've never had before on fried food. Very crispy & crunchy with no grease. The food actually came out slow for my taste as I have 3 small children, but we managed. The chef came out later and introduced herself and told us that the food is all fresh. Nothing served from a can or cooked in the microwave. So, with that being said, I didn't mind that my food didn't come out as fast as I would have liked. It was worth it and I will go back again and again! Best food I have found in Surf City so far.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“Brand Grand Opening!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This place is not only FUNN!!!, but it has excellent food. Burgers are fantastic. We arrived 30 min. before closing so all of the main seafood entree's were sold out per the wait person. I really think that the kitchen had shut down everything but the fry table. So whatever the case may be, that was what we were told. WE were offered any appetizers and burgers. Burgers were a great selection. The manager is awfully nice and has family all over the restaurant, wife and kids included. So good we went back the very next night and got seafood/steaks. All quite good and presentation good. Beautiful bar area. Had a benefit for an injured soldier the 2nd night we were there. Got my vote on supporting our military if nothing else, but it is really worth going to. Families and adults welcomed!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
East Liverpool, Ohio
“"Just OK"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We had a party of 8 - five adults & 3 children - so we were there around 5:30 - 6:00 on Sunday, June 17th. There were a few people at the bar & another large party and that is it. Our waiter said he was new so we were very patient. Somehow the "computer" only placed half of our order so there was quite a delay in getting everyone served. Half of us were finished before the other half had their food. The children's food was fine, shrimp & grits very tasty, the fish was overcooked and yet cold and my shrimp scampi was simply buttered noodles & shrimp - absolutely no seasoning - there was no "scampi" to it. If you just want to hang out & have a beer or a drink and maybe a snack this may very well be the place to go. It was clean and is in a convenient location. I am not sure their kitchen staff is ready for bigger groups yet.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Great food and wonderful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Just opened must check this place out. Great burgers, fish, loved the crab dip, the nachos are great for a snack. Stop in and watch a game! They will find the game and even give you the sound so you can follow it.

• Visited June 2012