“A real gem” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 22 things to do in Surf City
“A real gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Topsail Island (and the surrounding areas) are simply amazing. Beautiful scenery and friendly people that work at a slower pace than most of us are used to. Lovely beaches, access to the Intra Coastal Waterway for the sailor in you, and way less crowding and over-development than you find in, say, Virginia Beach. We liked the area so much, we are in the process of purchasing a vacation home and perhaps eventually settling in the area.

Visited May 2013

Chicago, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
“Excellent I go Here EVERY Year.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Every year my grandparents host a party here and I have been coming here for 13 years and it has never changed it has stayed the same beautiful way the whole time. If you want a beach with nightlife Topsail is not the place for you. You can drive down south to Myrtle Beach. If you want a quiet vacation meant for the whole family come to Topsail. People are friendly and kind they are laid back and they make you feel at home. The beach is very safe except for the occasional rip tide it is clean and patrolled well by the Topsail Island Police. If you want some great food they have the Breezeway Hotel and Restaurant I recommend the Hush Puppies and Flounder those are two excellent choices! Also, they have good golfing if you go by Sneads Ferry in that direction they have an excellent golf course that my family and I always play on. They have some nice boutiques yet some really nice chains of shops I recommend the Gift Basket if you live by North Anderson but if you live more in Surf City I recommend Topsail Island Trading Company! Get the Fudge if is really high quality and tastes real good! If you want something fun for the whole family go to The Sea Turtle Hospital it is free and it is really fun for people of all ages!

Visited July 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

It's marks my family's 40th year for vacationing on Topsail Island. I always recommend the Island for a wonderful family place to visit.

Visited May 2013
chesterfield, mo
31 attraction reviews
“Beautiful and undeveloped”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Quiet and family oriented. I like the fact that it's not overdeveloped and quiet. Although I wouldn't mind a few restaurants.

Visited April 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
10 attraction reviews
“Quiet and fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I surf so I visit this beach often. Parking can be limited especially during the summer. that shouldn't keep you from going to one of the most beautiful and secluded beaches in the area!! give it a try.

Visited March 2013