“Try the Crabcakes!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Overland Park, Kansas
“Try the Crabcakes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We went here a few nights ago on a vacation. I ordered the Maryland style crabcakes, and my husband had the jambalaya. Both were fantastic. The crabcakes were the best I have ever had, and this is one of my favorite dishes. The jambalaya was good, and had shrimp and chicken in there as well. I also really enjoyed the side of the mashed potatoes.

As for atmosphere, it was nice, I wish I had waited an extra 15 min to sit outside and enjoy the view.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“good location, but busy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The food was good. The wait was too long with inadequate areas for seating for those waiting to get in. The restaurant is fairly loud. The food, however, was good. Pricing was OK.

Visited September 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“Delightful - I went twice in same trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I was sent to Daddy Mac's on the recommendation of a couple of slightly-inebriated guys at the local wine and cigar shop. My girlfriend was out at a bachelorette party, so I was looking for a quite meal for one with good seafood. I took up a spot at the bar and enjoyed a drink and chatting with the bartenders, who were very friendly even though the place was packed.
On the bartender's recommendation, I had the louisiana style crab cakes. I'm not usually one to be dramatic about food, but I might have died happy just then. Spicy and packed with flavor, these crab cakes are all crab, no cheap filler.

I liked this place so much, I brought my girlfriend back on our last night in Surf City. Our server was an absolute hoot, and we did our usual - brought our own bottle of wine (their corkage fee is only $15, as with most places on the island), and had a wonderful meal on the front patio. You'll wait a bit for it if you're there during peak time, so either be patient, or go early or late. We ate wonderful food, had a delicious chocolate cake dessert, and watched the waves crash while we dined. We also caught the moonrise, and were invited to finish our wine on the rocking chairs overlooking the beach at the front of the patio.

Obviously, I was very happy with this place, and would strongly encourage a visit. It'll be worth your while.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Went to Dad Mac's on Wednesday evening and had a wonderful meal. The service was good and the bartender was excellent. Also try the Mainsail its excellent.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing view, the rest is just so-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

This was our third trip to Daddy Mac's in as many years, but this was by far the most underwhelming experience we have ever had. The view from the deck is indeed fantastic, as all the reviews mention. We got there right when they opened so we wouldn't have an obnoxiously long wait for a table (we've learned from previous experience). The oyster appetizer was great, but the quality of the meal went downhill from there. Two in our party got steaks, and they were mediocre at best, though the filet was slightly better than the ribeye, which was very fatty and tough to eat. Both steaks lacked distinctive flavor. Crabcake was good, the flounder itself was fine but the po boy the flounder was served on was just okay. The price of our total meal for our party of five (three of whom were kids) sans bar bill, was about $120- I expect much better quality of food for this price. My husband and I agreed afterwards, what you're really paying for at Daddy Mac's is the view. If you're staying in an oceanfront place, it might be advantageous to cook at "home" and just eat on your deck... We love Topsail, but sad to say, Daddy Mac's won't be getting our business or recommendation anytime soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere