“Save your money” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Oberlin, Ohio
“Save your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Out of 10 in our party only 2 liked their dinner. The fried fish was greasy, heavy and tasteless. The shrimp was overcooked and rubbery. I was looking forward to a good étouffée and the gravy tasted like it was from a jar. The crab cakes were absolutely disgusting. On our way out, the girl at the door asked how it was and when I told her, she was rude. She asked me if I had ever had crab cakes before because I surely didn't know what I was talking about !!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Delicious Fresh Seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Food is amazing and fresh. Prices are reasonable. Crab dip is outstanding. Any seafood dish will not disappoint. One diner also had a delicious Reuben sandwich. Service was slow and there's only one desert--brownie sundae--very good. We all ordered coffee--there was no decaf available. The waitress came back with one cup and said "we only have one cup of coffee left, what would you like me to do?" Kind of strange. Overall it was quite good.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, NC
“Our usual good meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We go here about once a year. Last week was the typical good meal but not great.
Our server, Thomas, was good but needs a little polish. He was waiting on a number of tables scattered around. Our entree was 20-25 minutes getting to us but that may not have been his fault.
My flounder stuffed with crabmeat was excellent. It was actually flounder wrapped around a large amout of crabmeat and served in a pool of butter. The fresh aspargus were excellent and the 1/2 loaded potato was a little dry but good.
My wfie had fried flounder which was very good. The hushpuppies were way over cooked and were dark, dry and hard. They should have been thrown out.
The other people in the party got crab cakes and ribs. The menu says a "rack of ribs" but when hasked how many that was our server admitted it was only a 1/2 rack. It seems a little bit of false advertising.
The noise level was low to moderate. The menu has a number of choices and not just seafood. The decor is nautical and a little dark in light.
The restaurant is in a strip mall on the mainland. The prices didn't seem that different from the restaurants with an ocean view.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Holly Ridge, North Carolina
“OWNER EXTREMELY RUDE AND LACKS SERVICE AND KNOWLEDGE OF HER OWN RESTAURANT!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

A horrible experience at the first place we went, on a weekend with guests from out of town, to celebrate our daughter's Sweet 16. I called ahead to reserve a table and there were no problems. I spoke with the manager, shortly after we arrived to ensure that dessert was brought out to all of the kids and the first was to my daughter for her 16th Birthday. I told her of my allergy to lemon, she looked annoyed I was talking to her in the first place, I then asked if there was anything on the menu I should stay away from with my allergy to lemon. She said "no, just ask for no lemon and they will be sure there isn't lemon in it." I did so, a lemon on my soda and on top of my vegetables. I asked them to please replate the food and give me new vegetables. The manager happened to walk by and I asked her if there was any lemon in the sauce of what I ordered and she replied with "I don't know, I was hoping you would order a steak or a sandwich." So much for the manager knowing what's in the food, or even bothering to ask Chef. Rudely, she said "I can't guarantee there will or won't be lemon in anything you order." So, I ordered a salad. My father-in-law's meal came AFTER everyone else had FINISHED their meal. He was told he'd get a big discount on his meal. They didn't separate the checks at the beginning, they waited until the end. We told them each and every person that was on each check. EVERY check came wrong. I asked to just print the whole check out and I'll number each item for them so they know what to put on each check. It still came out wrong. They didn't take anything off of my father-in-law's meal, when we said something, the server apologized and said he would have it comped. The "big discount" that turned into a "comp" was $3 off of a $19 meal. The entire check process was 45-60 minutes with checks still being wrong, so we just gave money to others who had our meals on their tickets. I call to talk to the manager after a few days, they called me back 2 days after my message. That's when I found out she was the owner. All I had time to say was hello when she started YELLING at me that "nothing is perfect, she'll never have a party that big again, what do I expect when there are so many people," blah blah blah. Finally after her rant, I stayed completely calm (hard to do) and told her I was only calling to voice my concern over what had happened..INTERRUPTED rant, more like a 2 year old tantrum, YELLING, "what do you want? What is it that you want me to do? Do you want the server to pay for your meal? We'll give you back your money! We'll give you a gift card! What do you want!" Now I'm ticked off to where I can't contain myself. I told her what I wanted was for her to listen to me and not cut me off. I am NOT going to have a server pay for an over $400 meal period (especially a teenager, but not any server period for ANY MEAL PERIOD)! I called to voice my concerns to you and you won't let me tell you what my concerns are!..INTERRUPTED yelling at me that she "won't discuss this over the phone and I NEED TO COME TO HER to handle this!" I said no I won't, that if she will stop cutting me off she will hear my concerns..INTERRUPTED "Come in and sit down and talk about this! I will NOT discuss this over the phone! What do you want me to do? WHAT DO YOU WANT? I'LL GIVE YOU A DAMN GIFT CARD!" I said for you to shut up and listen to what YOUR customer is calling about instead of interrupting me! I didn't call for a gift card or for our server to pay for our meal! ...INTERRUPTED "COME IN HERE AND TALK TO ME ABOUT THIS!" I said no, just listen to my concerns, that's all I..INTERRUPTED "COME IN HERE AND TALK ABOUT THIS!" as she continued her yelling at me that started from the second I answered the phone with a hello, I simply said "no I'm not coming in and why would I want a gift card to come back when the owner treats a customer like this!" Not sure if she heard me say the last part, because she was too busy screaming and I hung up. The food was a C, service an F, owner an F---. You don't treat your customers like that and I feel sorry for anyone who works there. She made it perfectly clear that if a server messes up, they have to pay for that meal. Zero stars. Zero.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Camp Lejeune, NC
“Nice to watch sports!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

They have a few really good sanwiches and the bar area is roomy and clean. It is a nice place to watch March Madness!

Visited March 2013