“POOR DINING EXPERIENCE” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Dessert
Hampstead, North Carolina
“POOR DINING EXPERIENCE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I am on a fixed income and cannot go out to eat often. I am extremely sorry I picked this restaurant to eat. I wasted my money and time eating here, the food was terrible! the cheese in the enchaladas tasted liket they were made with what is called processed cheese food probably Kraft singles Not real I have had frozen Mexican dinners that tasted better. I will never eat here again and I hope this will keep others from wasted time and money. I will say the only good thing they have going is the staff, very kind and attentive too bad they work for such a sorry establishment.

The have outside seating which is nice this time of year.and yes there will be insects but you would think they could do what I ended up doing while there, I went to a nearby store to get a citronella candle to keep the flys at bay, Hey it was only two dollars you would think they could invest in a few for the comfort of their patrons

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
jorge94, Owner at Camino Real, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Sorry for the bad experience on july 1 2012, we werre short statff and, when employess have emergencys we our force to cover more tables with less waiters and that causes delays in food, and service, sorry and i hope you will give us a second change. thank you.

DAYTON
“Disappointing!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

So disappointed on many levels. Initially greeted by a waiter with a racially insensitive comment. Went downhill from there while we waited over 45 minutes for our food. The "super burrito" that we ordered consisted of incredibly chewy meat, half a head of shredded lettuce, and sour cream. The "steak" burrito ordered for my kids was shredded beef in some sort of sauce. A search for a manager brought no response. Granted, we're not from around here but would avoid at all costs if given the opportunity again.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina
“Food was great....service...not so good.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have visited Camino Real several times in the past 2 months- The food has always been great. Good portion size, good flavor, and great taste. The service, however, has been disappointing. It has taken a long time to even get acknowledged by a server. Once you get ordered the food arrives quickly. Getting the bill and paying can take a while as well.
I hope after reading some of their reviews they will address the issues – Because the food really is great! And with the limited choices in the area it would be a shame for them to lose business.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fruitland, Maryland
“Second Time Eating here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Visiting with family 10 in our party We ate dinner about 6 PM May 4,2012 The restaurant packed out shortly after we arrived. We had a great female server Food was excellent The noise from everyone talking was loud but we all were having such a good time that it was not a problem for us.. Plan to visit this restaurant each time we vacation in Surf City area.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“I don't recommend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

We ate here a few weeks ago. The service wasn't particularly fast considering how few tables they had at the time, but it wasn't unacceptable. We ordered cheese dip to go along w/ the complimentary nachos & salsa. You don't get a generous amount of cheese dip for the price. My husband's entree came out wrong -- he got a chicken burrito after ordering a beef burrito. He took a bite and said their chicken was terrible. They brought out the correct burrito about 10 mins after the entrees arrived. The beef was a little better than the chicken, but nothing to rave about. My own taco salad wasn't particularly flavorful. Not terrible, but not really that good, either.

We ordered two fried cheesecakes for dessert and we got one instead, so again there was a mistake. This turned out to be fine in the end, since sharing one of the cheesecakes was ultimately satisfying. I have to say the cheesecake dessert was the best part of the meal. It's not really worth it to have the rest of your meal there, though.

You can get drink specials, so might work out for people looking for drinks rather than food.

• Visited April 2012