My husband recently went to Sea Trail for a conference, and I decided to go with him as my parents once had a condo in nearby Ocean Isle Beach, and we always loved this beautiful area of coastal North Carolina. We were looking forward to staying at Sea Trail because the website makes it look like a beautiful place, and I knew my father had enjoyed playing golf on its courses. First, we checked in at night, and it was extremely confusing trying to find where we were supposed to check in. It is a huge place with lots of different sections, and though it is quite nice and beautiful, our accomodations in a mini suite were disappointing. First, on an important note, I will say that our unit was quite clean. Even the baseboards were clean. However, the unit had extremely outdated decor. Everything had some shade of brown in it. My husband felt the double bed was comfortable, but I felt the mattress was much too soft. The curtains did not operate properly. There were two remotes, but no instructions for the tv and there was equipment disconnected from it...all of it outdated. The receptacle in the dressing room was not working. The lighting was not good, and there was nowhere comfortable to sit other than the bed to watch tv. We thought we were staying where a pool would be right outside our room, but we never even saw a pool. Sunset Beach is a beautiful beach and is very close to Sea Trail so its location for golfers and beach goers is excellent. It would have been nice for the complex to have a shuttle service. Next time, we will pay to stay on Sunset Beach or at Ocean Isle Beach. The rates for a couple of nice oceanfront hotels at Ocean Isle Beach were quite reasonable and would have been well worth it especially since it was rainy. That being said, there were very nice homes in Sea Trail, and it would be a great place to have a primary or vacation home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sea Trail Golf Resort & Convention Center is home to 48,000 square feet of meeting and function space, three signature golf courses, a fitness center and gym, luxurious accommodations from guest rooms to 4 bedroom villas, swimming pools and more! Less than two miles from the beautiful sugar sands of Sunset Beach. Be sure to visit the on-site Magnolias Fine Food & Spirits or Brassies Lounge for breakfast and lunch, or one of the two full-service clubhouses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Odigeo, Venere, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Sea Trail Golf Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Trail Golf Hotel Sunset Beach
- Sea Trail Golf Resort And Conference Center
- Sea Trail Resort
- Sea Trail Hotel