Stayed for three nights in a one room villa in the Royale Palms section of the resort. First of all, this property is absolutely huge. Multiple golf courses are surrounded throughout by condos, suites, and villas. Most villas seem to be individually owned. Unfortunately, my review is infulenced by the fact that I stayed in a villa that has been neglected over the past decade. I say decade only because of the outdated color schemes and electronics in the apartment. Normally my reviews aren't influenced by such things, but the very small televisions in the bedroom and living area were both non-flat screen and made smaller by the required letterbox format. To further age the villa, the TV in the living room was still attached to a VCR.
The maintenance of the villa came into question as the week went on. Each day, the bed was made--but each day my towels were not replaced and I had to call to get more delivered. Out of the five lamps in the villa, only two actually came equipped with lightbulbs (of which only one worked). Notes were left about this...but the notes were left unanswered.
Fortunately, this resort does have its high-spots in its convention facilities. This was a business trip, and the conference/banquet areas were newly updated or built with wonderful promenades and scenic areas abound. In addition, the food each night was five-star--something that isn't often seen at a convention resort!
Overall, the resort just needs some updating. I hold my review to an unfortunate room selection, as I was able to see in other rooms in other buildings as I visited colleagues and they were of *much* higher quality.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Trail Golf Hotel
- Sea Trail Golf Resort And Conference Center
- Sea Trail Golf Hotel Sunset Beach
- Sea Trail Resort
- Sea Trail Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sea Trail Golf Resort & Convention Center is home to 48,000 square feet of meeting and function space, three signature golf courses, a fitness center and gym, luxurious accommodations from guest rooms to 4 bedroom villas, swimming pools and more! Less than two miles from the beautiful sugar sands of Sunset Beach. Be sure to visit the on-site Magnolias Fine Food & Spirits or Brassies Lounge for breakfast and lunch, or one of the two full-service clubhouses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Priceline, Agoda, Venere, Hotels.com, Charlestowne Hotels and Tingo so you can book your Sea Trail Golf Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.