“Wonderful weekend!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Sunset Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Wonderful weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My family and I spent a weekend at Sunset Beach and stayed at the Sea Trail Resort. We stayed in a one bedroom villa. It felt like a home away from home. Check in was easy and quick. The grounds were beautiful. If you are a golfer this would be the place to be! I will be back again for sure!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
jearlcollins, General Manager at Sea Trail Golf Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for your review. We look forward to your return visit!

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bakersville, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We booked one room and they moved us to another room. It was nothing like the add that was shown. Ended up in a motel like room. NOT a condo that was book. Did not receive fresh towels on some days. We even called and ask for them 2 times and went by the desk one time still no towels. Great town ..sunset beach ....If we come back we will not stay at the SEA TRAIL ....

Room Tip: Pick some where else to stay . Leaking roof ....in the building we were in..
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We are saddened to hear of your disappointing visit. While we make every effort to ensure your stay exceeds your expectations, there are times when we fall short of our goals. We are sorry that your stay was not what you expected. We hope you will reconsider and give us the opportunity to show you how your comments help us improve the services we provide our guests.

Travelers are raving about these Sunset Beach hotels

Statesville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We were very excited by the pictures and our first impression. We were mistaken! The mini-suite is very mini. One room, tiny fridge, microwave was VERY out of date. Two coffee packs for entire week. Sheets were for a full bed and it was a king! (Top and bottom sheets) TV was small and too high up to be comfortable, oh, and had a VHS player.
I had to sleep on a blanket because sheets were so rough. Maids could not give us pillows; we had to call front desk. Two small pillows for bed. No fabric softener for towels or sheets! Believe me, they need it! Blinds kept messing up. Next door neighbors were loud!! Sound comes right through one door which is all that separates the mini-suite from the "villa". 1/2 of the outlets in room didn't work. One day we didn't get any new towels. We were told to wash our dirty dishes in bathroom sink and return to cupboar, with no soap! I can only guess they were clean when we used them! Bedspread looked dirty and so did top green blanket. We were as far from conference center as possible, and considering that we were attending a conference with over 300 attendees, we could have been clustered or within walking distance. We had to drive there, and to drive to pool and to get internet. No wifi in room. No room service during the day. No one made our bed, swept, or took trash. Killed huge roach in bathroom, too.
On the bright side, beach was beautiful, but not much parking. People were friendly, and area was lovely. Will probably come back but won't stay here. "Abandon hope, all ye who enter."

Room Tip: We have no idea about any other rooms. We do know that only ONE DOOR separates the mini-suite (what...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Spread over 2200 acres, our resort has many accommodation types available to choose from in varying locations on the property. Please keep in mind, especially when visiting with such a large group, not all accommodations will be in close proximity to planned functions.

We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your visit. Your feedback is essential to ensure necessary improvements, when possible, are made in all areas of our operations. Your comments have been shared with the staff so that such inconveniences may be eliminated in the future. We hope you will keep us in mind when returning to the area and allow us another opportunity to provide you with a more positive experience.
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Sea Trail filed for bankruptcy in late 2011 and you can see that all over the place. Our villa was very out of date. Nothing done to it or updated. Had ants!!!!! Looked like we were back in the 1980's. Very hard to park at beach go ahead a plan to pay $7.00 each time you go. I will not go back again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here one night on our honeymoon and expected the grounds to look much like the pictures on their website. It does, except aged about 20 years. First, when we checked in, the man behind the desk would only address my husband, even though I was the one paying. I handed him my credit card and he handed it back to my husband and addressed him with the directions. I wasn't overly offended, but it was really strange. We asked him if there was anywhere he'd recommend for dinner, as we wanted some good seafood, and he said the only seafood place was fried food or there was a Food Lion and we could cook something ourselves. Strange recommendation.

We got to our suite and it was nice, except also aged. Very 1990s looking, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. Just not exactly what we were expecting when we booked a suite.

We decided to go swimming and the pool area was nice, although it just looked old and somewhat rundown. On our way back to the room we asked the pool attendent her recommendations for dinner and she gave us the number to Domino's and Papa John's - are there no good restaurants in this town?!

We did end up getting Dominos in the end. It wasn't a horrible experience but it wasn't the "honeymoon suite" we thought we were getting. Expensive for what it is.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Island, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed in a mini-suite for just one night. The staff working at check-in were professional and friendly. But I knew I was in trouble when I couldn't find the building despite having received a map and instructions at check-in. The grounds are confusing. The "mini-suite" in Building 3 is extremely mini.... don't let the name fool you. The vertical blinds in my room were missing the plastic rod needed to adjust them. Once closed, I still didn't feel like the room was adequately shaded from view from outside. The ceiling fan was missing a chain, so I couldn't turn the light on. The remote control did not match the television, so it was useless! And every time I tried to call the front desk from my room, I received their voicemail. After arriving home, I received an email from the hotel asking for my comments regarding my stay. Well, the link I was supposed to click to enter my comments did not work! Why wasn't I surprised? I did email the hotel directly with my comments, but never did receive a reply. If you are an avid golfer, and able to afford a nicer room, this place may be for you. But for me, this overnight stay was very disappointing, and very expensive.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Oak City, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

Had a three night stay here in the middle of the season. Check in is at the convention center, but the property is spread out over a wide area. Depending on where your room is, walking there is not an option. My room was at least a mile away from the convention center. Some units look newer than others; mine looked like it hadn't been updated since Michael Jackson's first nose job. Location is good but I would not recommend.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Sea Trail Golf Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!