“I LOVE this place, great food and great fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Sunset Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Casual Upscale Dining
Charlotte, North Carolina
“I LOVE this place, great food and great fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I've been meaning to write one of these reviews about Fibber McGee's since my first visit there 4 years ago. I have NEVER been disappointed by a meal there. Their food is really consistent and really really good. This time around I was down at Sunset Beach with my cousin from Ireland and her husband. After a day of enjoying several adult beverages on the beach we were ready for some food but not really in a state to drive, Fibbers to the rescue!! We called the restaurant and they sent their new Courtesy Van to come pick us up! Great idea for a beach restaurant and bar. We got a round of drinks at the bar and then got a table outside. Our waitress Tony was really helpful with questions about the menu and took our order quickly. We had the chicken tenders appetizer with honey mustard, very tasty and not the least bit greasy. I ordered the Scallops special with a cup of She Crap soup instead of a salad, which I have had there before. Once again this was a fantastic dish. Their She Crab soup is delicious, it's topped with some shaved pieces of almonds, had loads of crab meat in it and was served with some oyster crackers. The entree was exactly as I remember it when I ordered it this time last year, the scallops were cooked to perfection. A nice brown sear on the outside with a good firm consistency, Gordon Ramsey would have let these leave his kitchen. There was a nice green been and carrot vegetable side, rice and a fresh little bread stick. The presentation was excellent. My cousin had the cheeseburger and her husband had the crabcake sandwich, they both loved their meals and really enjoyed the restaurant. On other visits I've had the prime rib sandwich which is really tasty, I've also had their salmon wrap, also excellent. If you get the wrap try asking for their remoulade instead of mayo it's a real nice alternative (was recommended by one of their helpful waitresses). After dinner we headed back inside to the bar and continued enjoying the evening. I've got to say that this might be one of the cleanest restaurant/bars I've ever seen. The place was immaculate, the bathroom was like a showplace and while we were drinking at the bar we could get a glimpse into the now closed kitchen to see it being cleaned top to bottom. After we paid our check at the bar they called the van driver for us and he dropped us back to our beach house on the island. We took this courtesy shuttle earlier in the week and the driver was upfront when we asked him about tipping, he said $5 each way is a nice tip and we agreed considering there were three of us. $10 round trip is certainly worth it in my opinion, and of course that is only what he suggested, like all tips it's really up to you. On this night we were lucky enough to have the restaurant owner driving us and he was not interested in a tip just happy to have our business! When this place first opened I was really excited to see an irish bar at sunset beach but I can tell you I never even considered that it would become such a great restaurant that I look forward to returning to over and over!

Easton, Pennsylvania, Usa
“Good things come in small packages!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Drove by it a few times and saw all the people sitting outside and decided to see for myself what it was all about. What a very pleasant surprise. Great drinks and food. It just does not get any better than this. The service was great and I believe the manager came over and started talking to us and had a pleasant conversation.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Drinks before the planetarium”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Nice atmosphere. Bar service and food. Waiting for the next show. Nice terrace with tableside service.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Grab a beer and relax!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Perfect place to relax after some golf! Give it a try! Not only for the golfing crowds but you will see a number of regulars, visitors and always a very pleasant staff!

Visited June 2013
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
“Outstanding pub American fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

The place is spotless. Great service. Food is outstanding. Try their pan seared scallops. The best I have ever had. The homemade desserts, especially cheesecake, is to die for.