“Great Find, Great Service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in Sunset Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Marcy, New York
“Great Find, Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We were u down from the north to look at property and found this little gem near Sunset Beach. Nice location on the Intercoastal, decor is homey. Food was well prepared and plentiful with hush puppies you'll adore. Wife had blue crabs, a dozen, with corn, potatoes and sausage, a feast. Comes in a huge casserole. Shrimp and fried oysters were freakish and taste great! Our server was pleasant, peppy and very attentive. All in all a wonderfully tasty and relaxing experience.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Laurel, Maryland
“Been going for years”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

This is a favorite restaurant in our family. We love to get the steam pots! We went this evening, and had great service. Lauren was our waitress, and was attentive and our food came pretty quick. The hush puppies, served while you're waiting, were delicious. The hamburger (from the kids menu) was ok... but I opted to go for the shrimp and scallops this time instead of the steam pot, and did not regret it. Yummy! My husband got the steam pot, and was quite happy with it, and my mom got the the grouper and said it was good as well. My mom and I followed dinner with some of their key lime pie, which, while almost full, I couldn't stop eating till it was gone. Overall, a great experience at a restaurant I've been going to since I was young, but that I haven't been able to make it back to in about 5 years.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Good food for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

My family loves to eat here when we are at Sunset Beach. The stream pot is a good value and enough food for two. I love the shrimp burger as it tastes very close to bang bang shrimp. I order it without the roll so I get the full favor of the shrimp. Service is hit or miss depending on how busy the restaurant is

Visited November 2013
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
“You can find better food and service than what this place offers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

There are so many good seafood restaurants in the Sunset Beach area but this is not one of them. Was if awful … no. If was just a very frustrating dining experience that had me scratching my head.

The four of us ordered two appetizers of Oysters Rockefeller. It was their special that night. Twenty minuets later only one order arrived. The waitress then informed us that the chef only had enough for one order. The waitress never told us or we would have made an additional appetizer selection. When we ordered our dinner we were told they were all out of the coleslaw that was included with our meals. We were not offered any substitute. One person we were with wanted to substitute French fries with a side salad and was charged $5. Just thought this was a little excessive.

The place is dated and is in need of a facelift. The waitress was nice but dining experience was not. We all thought the food was acceptable but the service left a bad taste in our mouth.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gatesville, North Carolina
“GREAT CRABCAKES”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Really great crabcakes with both a horseradish and a remoualde sauce
that where both outstanding and a great corn pudding

• Visited September 2013