“Unexceptional” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Statesville

Save Saved
You added Ramada Statesville to your Saves list
Ramada Statesville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1215 E. Garner Bagnal Boulevard, Statesville, NC 28677-6969   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #8 of 21 hotels in Statesville
Vincent, Ohio
“Unexceptional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

On the final leg of our lengthy vaction, we chose Statesville, NC, because it was approximatedy three hours from our home--a decent, liesurely drive on up I-77. We chose the Ramada Inn based on their reputation and because we were getting tired of eating out of restaurants. They promised a "free" breakfast including scrambled eggs and breakfast meats. They delivered on neither. We got hard boiled eggs and burnt biscuits instead (the gravy was pretty good). Basically the breakfast was pretty much what you'd find in any such hotel--quite continental.

I found the hotel on the Internet and called. The rate they offered on the phone was significantly higher than that of their own website. When I mentioned this, I was told, "the rates are always higher over the phone." So, I went back to their website and made our reservations at the lower rate. Is this any way to run a hotel? This Ramada was being remodeled and renovated (completion date, end of June, 2012), mostly the lobby and pool (which was closed). That we could live with. Neither effected our stay.

We asked for and got a room with a king bed for $67 including taxes. The room was comfortable, clean, and roomy, though one would think, with only one (albeit somewhat larger) bed, the resulting extra space would be outfitted with extra furniture. It wasn't. Again, no big deal, just a curious fact.

Statesville is not a big city. Yet they have dozens and dozens of restaurants of every possible stripe and color; though apparently Statesvillans are highly partial to pizza, which made up at least HALF the listings. Given this, it's little wonder a modest place like the Ramada has trouble making an in-house restaurant (called "Sassy's") fly. Yet, if you want to stand out from the crowd, you offer something extra, you strive to be exceptional. Sadly, the Ramada Statesville does neither.

Room Tip: The "free" breakfast, though advertised as exceptional, isn't.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Rocky N, General Manager at Ramada Statesville, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on Trip Advisor. I want to apologize that your stay was not up to the standards that you expect when you stay at the Ramada Statesville. I wanted to address your specific concerns. While we have added many new food items to our Breakfast, we are always listening to our guests regarding what they would like to see on the Breakfast. Ramada has standards that we must follow but we can also add items if our guests ask for them. I do realize that you are loyal to our hotel and I would be happy to meet with you the next time you visit to personally apologize for your recent stay. Your feedback is extremely valuable. We take any cleanliness issues very seriously and thus spend many hours on training in each department. Please feel free to contact me if you are returning to Raleigh and I will make sure your next stay is far superior to this recent stay.

217 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Houma, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

When we arrived we found the hotel was under construction which we would have appreciated being told so. We reserved a King size bed and were given 2 full size beds. The rooms smelled horrible and there was a brown mold all over the bath tub. The free breakfast buffet consisted of bioled eggs, pin wheels you get from a gas station and cereal. I will not be staying at a Ramada again. I would rather pay more for a nicer place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
I apologize that we did not meet the standards you expect when you stay at a Ramada Inn. We would like to have the chance to host you again. If you visit Statesville NC in the future, please contact me directly and I will make sure your stay is to your satisfaction.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I found this hotel on my smartphone and found it to be just what we needed. The hotel has been just taken over by Ramada, from what I was told, and is doing alot of renovating. The front desk was a mess as 2 ladies were trying to take care of customers checking in and leaving the desk to take care of other customers that had problems in their rooms. We were able to get a room, with no reservation, at a decent price. We were pleasantly surprised when we opened the door and it looked like a new room with all new bedding. Everything, including bathroom was very clean. We went down to the small bar they have and had a great time talking to others, truckers and couples, and enjoyed a free beer from a coupon that was given to us at check- in. We also got coupons for free breakfast which was just ok. More like a continental breakfast with a few added items. The pool was closed as it was not filled and looked like it needed some cement work around it. I think next time we are going through this area it will look much better. They have a restaurant but we didn't use it, although we were told by bar patrons that the steak is great there. All in all, very pleased and will return next trip.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased to receive your kind comments about your recent stay. We have worked very hard on upgrading our rooms items and presentation over the course of the year. I am glad those efforts paid off during your stay. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you visit Statesville NC as we are planning more new and exciting changes.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

Overpriced, disgusting rooms, sheets smelled like smoke in a non smoking room, bathroom looked like it hadnt been cleaned at all.

• Stayed April 2012
Rocky N, General Manager at Ramada Statesville, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for your recent review. I am very disappointed to hear about your unsatisfactory stay recently at Ramada Statesville. We spend many extra hours every month to make sure our cleanliness standards exceed the expectations that our Guests expect when staying at a Ramada. I apologize that we clearly did not meet your expectations. We will use your comments to provide additional training to our staff. We will be making some new and exciting changes to our hotel in the next few months to improve our Guest Satisfaction. If your travel brings you back to the Statesville area, we would greatly appreciate a chance to change your opinion of our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will personally handle your request so that you have an enjoyable stay.
williamsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I wanted to make sure that my review was written. I left my laptop and my sons medications and machine out in the parking lot while i was loading up my van. I arrived home 10 hours later and to my dismay i noticed the lost items..I quickly called the hotel and to my surprise, housekeeping had found it and returned it to management. I spoke with the owner and manager and i am just shocked that this level of honesty still exists (by the way they are packing it up and shipping it back to me!) the hotel was a great experience, clean and quiet. I also was treated like class by the waitress as I needed some plastic forks..she was first class! this place is a gem..it has a nice little tavern where I watched espn and enjoyed a nice cold beer. The location is great if variety is what you want for foods, gas and stores...by the way it is very safe! you will be very happy to stay the night

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Rocky N, Manager at Ramada Statesville, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment. This is what drives us to achieve our main objective, to make our guests happy and comfortable at our property and secure. My Team is glad that they made your stay a great experiance. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Charlevoix, Mi.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012 via mobile

Everything is new from the beds to the towels and even the pillows. Great lounge &the restaurant. Staff is friendly and attentive.

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you so much for your compliments. We are glad that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable rooms for restful sleep, delicious breakfast to start out your day on a brighter note as well as impeccable service to win your loyalty for life.
Great Barrington, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Ramada Statesville was a bit strange. Firstly, when we opened the front door we noticed there was a handwritten note taped to it saying no vacancies. We'd made a reservation the night before so we proceeded to the front desk. No one was there. After awhile a pleasant man came to check us in. While he was doing this someone phoned and we heard him say there were 15 vacancies, the opposite of what it said on the front door. As we walked to our room we noticed the rugs needed cleaning and overall the place was a bit shabby; therefore, we were surprised to find our room was clean and quite large. Also the bedding was of a very high quality as were the toiletries in the bathroom. The bed proved to be very comfortable. We had a good night's sleep. The next morning we went to breakfast at 8:15. The breakfast was scheduled to end at 9. There wasn't much food left. There were no utensils or coffee cups. The three staff members were yelling and laughing with each other. It was hard for us to get their attention. When I asked for a coffee cup I was told that the woman to whom I spoke was the cook and didn't bring out cups. Another woman came out with 6 cups. Soon they'd been used. Why they didn't bring out a tray of coffee cups for a breakfast group didn't make sense to us. The staff continued to loudly interact with each other. My husband left the buffet and had breakfast later at a restaurant. The motel IS economical and the beds are comfortable with nice linens but the overall experience was a bit strange.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Rocky N, General Manager at Ramada Statesville, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Ramada Statesville Nc . We appreciate that you went in to detail about the issues that you had. I apologize for any inconveince caused while you stayed at our property, we are going through a renovation plan, I also appreciate the comments on the room cleanliness and the linens as they have been upgraded. We do plan on upgrading our Hotel with many new and exciting changes to our Rooms and Breakfast. We have already begun these changes and are very excited to hear our guests feedback. If you plan on returning to Statesville Nc, please contact me directly and I will personally make sure that your stay is satisfactory.

Been to Ramada Statesville? Share your experiences!