“Great potential, excellent location, but pleeease...” 2 of 5 stars

Masters Economy Inn
702 Sullivan Road, Statesville, NC 28677   |
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Statesville
Ca.
“Great potential, excellent location, but pleeease...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed there a couple of nights when I arrived in North Carolina after a looooong drive from Las Vegas. Beds were great, nice flat screen TV (smallish) but the place practically begs for renovation. Loose wallpaper, rooms need paint and plaster, Ragged towels, and noisy A/C. Ice machine from the Stone Age. Better than the place next door with the algae-filled pool, but not by a whole lot.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Pittsburgh, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We always clip a coupon from the travel coupon books at the welcome centers when we are on the road. We seldom plan ahead, since we've gotten great deals on one night stays. Oh my! This is one time when I thought the motel MADE MONEY on the coupon deal. Other times, I thought we were the ones who made a good deal. This place was run down, had a nice warm comforter, but there was a hole in the duvet! The blanket was threatbare, too.The plaster is coming down in the shower as there is no vent fan. There was hair on the mirror! 2 thin towel sets, 1 tiny bar of soap, no shampoo or lotion. No coffee. The coupon said, "hot breakfast." Really? If you made your waffle, then it was hot. Otherwise, 2 kinds of cheap cereal without any fiber, a pitcher of orange juice, cheap powdered donuts, coffee. No other fruit, no protein of any sort! If I were employed there, I'd be ashamed to face the customers in the morning.

Please spend the extra $10 to $15 and get a clean comfortable room with a nice breakfast! Wish I had!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cullowhee, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

For starters I got my rooms through Expedia. When I called front desk to cancel one she was extremely rude and hung up on me. They kept telling me different times the 'manager' would be working and no matter how many times I called I never got ahold of one to cancel the room. When we got there they had mixed up the beds and put us in smoking when we asked for non. The balconies were falling off and even though the sign on the pool opened at 9, they told my kids it didn't open until 11. When we confronted them they said (infront of my children) "some Fu****ers were having sex in it last night and we gotta dump some chemicals and Sh** in it now". Then when we checked out they charged us $20 more on each room and did not abide by Expedia's price. Also their breakfast was cereal and coffee.

Room Tip: If you don't want to fall and die, then stay on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cary, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Please DO NOT stay here!! The health department should have been called in long ago. A huge soaked dog urine puddle at the foot of the first bed, 2 dry-rotted mattresses, one hand towel, gray that I used to clean up dog urine, no other towels, terrible stench, like I said, a nightmare.

This place needs closed down yesterday!!! I do not understand the reviews here that state this place is okay; ya'll must be dreamin or came out of a worse place which I cannot fathom....This place is not fit for human life...

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Do not go here. We stayed for a night, and when we got there there was hair in the shower, a TURD in the toilet, stains everywhere, ripped bedding & curtains, a layer of dust on everything, and not even a chair. Roof was in bad condition, along with the rest of the room. Wifi didn't work at first and had to get the management to fix it. Breakfast was simply powdered, cheap donuts and one variety of cereal. Pool was OK but was kind of dirty. I didn't expect a lot for this price, but a clean toilet and not dust on everything would be nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Like others, I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The room was large, quiet and very clean and had free wifi. It was a bit run down but totally within acceptable levels. The manager, Mr. Shah, was quite helpful. If you are looking for an inexpensive hotel in Statesville, stay here.

Room Tip: Stay in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I was very surprised at how quiet it was at this motel. It is on one of the busiest roads in Statesville. I was toward the back of the property which probably helped. And with a price of less than 40 dollars a night, it was a good deal. The bed and pillows were not very firm and the room could use some updating. It did have a mini-fridge and microwave.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Masters Economy Inn? Share your experiences!