“Simply perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Statesville B&B and Inns
Braine le Comte - Belgium
“Simply perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

When one of my colleagues convinced me to stay in this bed and breakfast, I didn’t expect this quality of stay! The beautiful, resting area, very charming house and rooms, unforgettable breakfasts, and most of all, our very nice hosts, Pam and John just genuinely made me feel home. Definitely the place I’ll stay in whenever in the area again – I just can’t wait.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

My companion and I stayed one night at the Kerr House and were very satisfied. The "Pleasant Valley Room" upstairs was quiet, comfortable, clean. The whole house is in fine condition with the a cozy living room and roomy dining room. The hosts Pam and John were extremely welcoming and cordial. The breakfast they served was delicious. Definitely a fine place to stay in the area.

Room Tip: We chose the "Pleasant Valley Room" upstairs which is away from the street and also any tr...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were given a gift of one night at the Kerr Inn by a very good friend that worked at B&B's and knew what to look for. She nailed this one! John and Pam are truly wonderful and warm people. It was a joy to spend some time with them in their home. We chose the Pleasant Valley room, upstairs. Very comfortable bed. I slept all night. Our time was short, but absolutely lovely! A shout out to Pam & John on their 40th anniversary... Happy Anniversary!

Room Tip: I enjoyed the Pleasant Valley, backroom, upstairs. It's further from the street. The bed is ve...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My daughter and I attended a wedding at local Allison Woods in May 2014 and chose to stay at the Kerr House to celebrate some missed holidays and personal events. What a pleasure! The Kerr's are very accommodating of schedules and personal needs. We arrived late but that was not a problem. I have some dietary restrictions and they not only eliminated these potential problem foods but they provided very delicious alternatives.
The room was wonderful - clean, attractive, comfortable and provided good technology. The entire stay was perfect - John and Pam are very interesting hosts, and the other guests were full of local information. I will definitely visit again and I highly recommend the Kerr House.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

You should stay here! My husband and I loved the Southern-style front porch replete with rocking chairs and a shady, warm breeze. The host and hostess are warm, kind people and were very inviting! We stayed for three nights in May 2014. Breakfast each day was delicious and included such foods as home-style sweet potatoes, a ham bake, lemon ricotta pancakes, and a vegetable omelette that had tomatoes, mushrooms and peppers that were grown outside in the garden. Easy breezy, delightful place! Our room was clean and spacious and the owners checked in on us periodically to ask if we needed fresh towels or anything else. The location is walking distance to the local downtown, on a shady, tree-lined street in a quiet neighborhood.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

We have visited Kerr House twice and both times were very enjoyable.
The house with all it's wood floors and old house charm was fun to walk around. The rooms were decorated nicely with nature inspired flair. It felt like this could easily be a room in my own house it was so comfortable and carefully appointed with seating area and tables and lovely hummingbird prints. And the breakfasts were delicious!!! Homemade Blueberry sauce over French toast one day and vegetable-filled eggs the next. Biscuits and jam always!! The Rhode Island-born hosts are charming and attentive. We will be back!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

When I was thinking of my ideal Bed and Breakfast while passing through North Carolina, I was dreaming of a warm bed and a delightful, hearty breakfast. This place was no disappointment! The host and hostess were very welcoming after my long day on the road and did not mind one bit that I had made reservations only two hours before my arrival. I was desperately trying to find a decent looking Bed and Breakfast somewhere in North Carolina and the Kerr House far exceeded expectations. The room was cozy and relaxing and the breakfast was absolutely splendid - hearty American style breakfast with a touch of southern sweetness. I felt amazingly refreshed in the morning for another long drive.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Been to The Kerr House? Share your experiences!