“ONE OF THE BEST” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn and Suites

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1214 Greenland Drive, Statesville, NC 28677 (Formerly Baymont Inn and Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 21 hotels in Statesville
Gloucester
“ONE OF THE BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Spent the evening of 31 Jan here, was really impressed. As mentioned in previous reviews very clean, good location.

The girl Haley at the front desk was SUPER friendly, I guess it is the Southern Charm but she called everyone Sweetheart. Although extremely busy she was well organized and the smile never left her face when dealing with customers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
TICONDEROGA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was a last-minute choice when weather prevented our travel north of Statesville. We chose it based on Tripadvisor recommendations and were not disappointed. The room was quiet, clean and convenient. The breakfast was good and had adequate choices. The desk staff were very friendly and the price was very reasonable. The hotel was right off of I-77 which we were travelling from Concord, NC. If I had occasion to need another hotel in the Statesville area, I would certainly use this hotel again.

Saint Donat, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

On january 24, we slept at this Comfort Inn, all renovated, was very clean, comfortable bed, quiet enven if the room was close to the road, we had a good night sleep, after 12hrs of traveling, the girl at the front desk at dinner time was nice,and friendly and the one at the bar too, very good room service...for the dinner.. ( smily et fast room delivery)

just 3 things make me rate 4,instead of 5,
one is ( to set the water for the shower, we had cold, or hot but medium water was difficult, they sould do someting in the room 138 at least.
the 2e one is the shower towel witch was very worn nearly holes
and the 3e one was the woman at the front dresk early in the morning.... any smile at all...I entered the newspaper that was outside at the front door, nothing.......not even a thank you! or a smile....! I felt like I was bothering and I was the only one at the desk.. ( please just a smile your customers.. and everyone will enjoy it!

Antime I will going back there, with my dog because everything was clean, no bugbed, no flea !
nice place to stay when you are travel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cumberland, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed on our return home from Atlanta. The hotel was very clean. The layout was nice. Pool on the first floor in the middle-back of the facility. There were no rooms near the pool area and the staff was very understanding with the pool hours. Hot tub was a little small, but plenty hot. Although I did not get to use it, the hotel had a nice little bar in the breakfast area. I wish more hotels had this set up. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The room was very large and so was the bathroom. I always wish for at least a Queen size bed, but these were doubles. Comfortable though. The price was very good. I think after taxes we paid about $74. Breakfast offered several hot items. Biscuits and gravy (gravy was a little under-seasoned), eggs, sausage. I wish more hotels had all that this one had to offer.

Room Tip: It looks like there is nothing around you, but a short drive brings you to an Outback Steakhouse and...
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very good hotel with new decors from previous renovation in common areas. The AC did not work very well with a defective thermostat, I believe. For of us found the room to be a bit small. The washroom was fine except for the bath tub, which was quite old and I could see caulking cracking alongside the tub. Breakfast area was nice, but in the morning it was so crowded we had to sit at two different tables almost back to back touching. The reception area was really nice and the hotel is right enxt to the highway so getting in and out was really easy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bushkill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here at Comfort Inn. I came to the area to start looking for employment and a place to live because I plan on moving to Statesville very soon. I am very picky about hotels, especially being a housekeeper myself, and I notice every little detail about the rooms. I chose this place specifically because another traveler had mentioned that they wash their blankets in between guests, which is a huge deal for me, even though I travel with my own blankets. The parking lot, outside of the building, and lobby were immaculate. When I checked in at around 6 pm, I was greeted with a very friendly front desk person and was taken care of in a very timely and efficient manner. I was given keys to my room and when I opened the door, I smiled because it was very clean, cozy, modern, and the colors were warm and inviting. Even the artwork on the walls was nice, and I meant to ask where I could actually purchase identical pictures but I forgot. The king size bed was extremely comfortable and I cannot remember the last time that I slept on pillows so fluffy. I loved the furniture, which was also very modern. I had two little ones with me and was able to place my daughter on the couch on a sleeping bag and my son on the floor on an air mattress that I had brought along. I was told about the breakfast and pool but due to time constraints, I was unable to visit them. I had an extremely restful sleep and woke up very refreshed. The morning front desk staff on all three days of my stay were very friendly and helpful. The location is perfect, as I could jump right on I-77 to Charlotte and there are numerous gas stations in the immediate area. I didn't have time to explore for shopping or anything but when I return in about three weeks, I will make sure to do so. This is my number one hotel of choice for the budget that I must maintain. I actually want to get a degree in hospitality and this Comfort Inn would be the perfect model for running a successful hotel. Definitely a top notch place to rest your head! PS Housekeeping staff, you are doing a great job! Thank you and keep it up. :-)

Cloyne, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our reception at the front desk was friendly and made us feel welcome after a long day on the road. There was coffee and tea and cookies to enjoy while we unpacked. Plentiful hot breakfast, with eggs, sausages, biscuits and gravy as well as waffles toast and fruit.
A clean, quiet, comfortable place to stay. Oh, btw, there's a bar in the evenings that serves drinks and bar food like wings and fries.

Room Tip: The third floor was quiet. There is an elevator.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!