“Hometown family seafood” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 133 Restaurants in Statesville
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
“Hometown family seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Visiting family and the whole clan came out for a great seafood dinner at this family restaurant. Hot crispy hush puppies served up instead of bread are a tasty treat! Lots of traditional southern seafood, fried or broiled and it's all good. The oyster stew is very creamy with a good number of whole oysters that weren't over cooked. Broiled scallops and fan tail shrimp were tasty. Cheese grits on Friday night were good. I always have to get the fried okra when I travel in the south and it didn't disappoint. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Prices were very reasonable and portions are big! I had the shrimp and grits. There was also some sausage in it and it was ok, not the best I've had. Stick with the fish, shrimp and scallops. The service was very good considering how large a group we were. Britt our waitress was very attentive and made sure everything was right. This is going to be our traditional family seafood place whenever we visit!

Visited December 2013

Mililani, Hawaii
“Best Catfish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have visited this restaurant three times, now. This was the first time I ever had catfish, and wow, was I impressed!

The service and the food were great! I recommend it to anyone interested in good quality food.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good Food, Friendly Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stopped by on our way down to Georgia and found the Captain's Galley to have good seafood, reasonable prices, and quick service. We went on a Saturday evening and the clientele seemed to be relatively older, but our kids enjoyed it. I would definitely return.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Statesville, North Carolina
“Excellent Salmon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

The Salmon is really good but then again I really like everything I've tried at the Galley. Service is very good and they treat you like family. Really good seafood house

Visited July 2013