“Great sub & service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 133 Restaurants in Statesville
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Hamburgers, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Come and visit our wonderful little deli. As you are traveling through Statesville, be sure to stop by and have a great meal. We have immaculate Restrooms, free Wi-Fi and plenty of room for you to unwind. We are located in the Signal Hill Mall where you can stretch your legs and take a stroll before you head back on your journey (The perfect rest area!) Also, if you do not have much time, then feel free to call ahead and pick up your order and we will have it ready for you. Our fare is fantastic,Homemade and delicious, from our wonderful Salads to our amazing Toasted Wraps, from our Stack high Deli Sandwiches to our terrific Muffalatta. There is so much to choose from. My favorite is our OMG: Reuben, which will be yours? Make JD's your favortie stopover when traveling through Statesville. See you soon...You are invited! Closed on Sunday's.
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Great sub & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I'm not much of a sandwich person but JD's was close to my hotel and the front desk people suggested I try the Philly with Chicken. I am so glad. There was a lot marinated tender chicken chunks, just the right amount of provolone cheese and the grilled onions and mushrooms were delicious. I would normally pick out the filling and leave most of the bread but this roll was so fresh and soft I ended up eating the whole sub. The potato salad was fairly good and fresh. While I was picking up my take-out, the woman before me dropped her dinner on the floor and the owner immediately had the cook fire up a new burger for her at no charge. He was also very polite to me. Impressive all round for a small Deli at the entrance to a mall.

Visited February 2014

Deerfield Beach, Florida
“This place deserves recognition!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I stopped in statesville, NC on the way to and from Florida in December. We tried JD's on the way down for lunch and it was so good we had it again on our way back up. I had the portabella mushroom sandwich and my husband had the Cuban. All I can say was it was one of the best sandwiches I have ever had. Everything was so fresh including the bread and I love the spread they put on there. The pasta salad was also very good. I got the exact same thing the second time we went because it was so good. I wanted to try something else but I had been craving it since we left. The second time I also tried a vegetable barley soup which was excellent. This place deserves recognition and it is somewhere we will continue to go back. If you are in the area definitely try this place and you will not be disappointed.

Statesville, North Carolina
“OMG Reuben! Try It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

LOVE the Reuben here! Huge, extremely tasty, and worth it. Pay no attention to the fact that the mall it is located in is abysmal, but instead, know you are going to have a fantastic meal.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kernersville, North Carolina
“Worthy of Statesville's Top Ten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I had the Reuben too. A tasty heaping sandwich worth every penny. I truly look forward to it again or trying a different item on the menu.

Visited November 2013
Statesville, North Carolina
“CHANGE YOUR LIFE REUBEN!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is a must experience! Always fresh, always delicious, and the best Reuben in the South! The specials are unique and yummilicious!

• Visited November 2013