“I love this place!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 139 Restaurants in Statesville
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Delicatessen, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Come and visit our wonderful little deli. As you are traveling through Statesville, be sure to stop by and have a great meal. We have immaculate Restrooms, free Wi-Fi and plenty of room for you to unwind. We are located in the Signal Hill Mall where you can stretch your legs and take a stroll before you head back on your journey (The perfect rest area!) Also, if you do not have much time, then feel free to call ahead and pick up your order and we will have it ready for you. Our fare is fantastic,Homemade and delicious, from our wonderful Salads to our amazing Toasted Wraps, from our Stack high Deli Sandwiches to our terrific Muffalatta. There is so much to choose from. My favorite is our OMG: Reuben, which will be yours? Make JD's your favortie stopover when traveling through Statesville. See you soon...You are invited! Closed on Sunday's.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“I love this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Best philly cheese steak sandwich I ever had was at JD's. The food is fresh and tasty, the staff is friendly and attentive, and they get my order right every time (I'm a picky eater sometimes). I enjoy going here and after our second time, the manager remembered us and greeted us warmly. I hope this place stays around for a long time. My only complaints are that warm sandwiches aren't available until 1100 even though they open earlier and they have a limited selection of mayo-free sides to choose from that are included with the sandwiches.

Oh, big plus: FREE WiFI!!!

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent food! Very friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I took a friend to lunch and we thoroughly enjoyed the food. My sandwich was so large I only ate half and had the rest for supper. The tomato basil soup was delicious and had to be freshly made. I was so impressed I picked up dinner a couple days later and absolutely loved the spinach salad I had. The staff is very friendly and the manager/owner shook my hand for coming in! I would definately visit again and even going for lunch when you only have an hour was easy peasy!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlotte, NC
“Just go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

This small deli provides some of the best sandwiches and other great dishes around. In a mall at the entrance and always packed the specials always surprise and enchant. It makes me wish I could have lunch more often, and that I could have it at JD's.

“BEST DELI in Statesville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Order a sandwich YOUR WAY. J.D. and crew go out of their way to make sure food quality is top notch, serving quality meats and delicious homemade pasta salad. While dining area is located in mall hallway, people watching is often interesting.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere