“Decent but...” 3 of 5 stars

(704) 872-4200
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in downtown Statesville, open for lunch and dinner.
Statesville, NC
“Decent but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Not a bad place - animal heads on the wall not for the Vegan that's for sure. Has been around a long time and it shows it. Overall service was good - Prices hover around $23-26 for a steak; not much better than the chains which is disappointing. The wife really liked the chicken but I passed on the steak and went for the Chopped Sirloin (overall pretty good aside from the server spilling the plate on the table). The place could definitely use an update.

Place definitely has potential but I think they've left it 'as is' for a very long time without considering that the style isn't for everyone. Still has a hunting lodge feeling (way too many heads) - need to loose the dusty fake garland, lighten the place up and pick a new image.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Hickory, North Carolina
“Nightmare on North Center Street”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I'm not going to go into details about our meal, but I'll
give you the best advise you'll ever get when it comes to
eating out.
DO NOT EAT AT THE BLACK ANGUS GRILLE IN STATESVILLE NC.
My wife and I have traveled extensively and have eaten at thousands
of restaurants over the years, with the bills ranging from about $8.00 to $160.00 for the two of us.
We KNOW restaurants !
The Black Angus Grille has to be the absolute worst restaurant....EVER!
The atmosphere.....the restaurant 'layout'....the servers...the manager..the food..
you name it...(my wife said I shouldn't use this word more than three
times a year, so here's my second one for 2013.....that leaves me with only one

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Not Worth the $$$”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

It's been a few years but I took my husband here for his birthday and we could have gotten better steaks from Logan's. So not worth the money I paid. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Catawba, North Carolina
“Not good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Went to the restaurant thinking it was going to be good quality. My steak was equal or less than an outbacks my potatoes had a big hard piece of potato with some dry mashed around it that was scooped with an ice cream scooper, the veggies look like they were frozen out of a bag. I have no problem spending good money on good food. This was a huge disappointment.Good food is Ruth Christs. You can do better cooking a steak from costco. Heed the warning!

• Visited May 2013
Statesville
“They Need Help!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My partner was ok with her steak. The salmon was sub standard at the best. Did not seem to be fresh salmon. Have had much better at a much better price. Entire meal was $99.00 and would be acceptable at maybe $38.00. And the topper....I paid $99.00 for the meal and noticed on the way out that the sanitation grade was 92% .....barely grade A....and certainly lower than the $99.00 price tag. At these prices the sanitation grade should be absolutely no lower than 99.9%.
Anyone that gives this restaurant more than a 2 star rating....probably doesn't eat out very often . and certainly gives no thought to sanitation

• Visited April 2013