“Who knew?! A great Thai place in Statesville!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
South Bend, Indiana
“Who knew?! A great Thai place in Statesville!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I am an avid Thai food eater and I travel a lot, for work and for play...so I get my fair share of Thai restaurants. This place is as good as anything I've gotten in Chicago, Houston, or any other big city.

The place is clean, well decorated. The service is prompt and friendly. The food comes out on time and hot. But, the best part is the taste! I loved the massaman curry I got. It's my favorite dish and it's what I judge Thai restaurants by. They definitely passed! I usually run into the problem where the dish isn't too spicy, but when I requested "real Thai spicy" they delivered. The dumplings we had as an appetizer, while not traditional, were great! All this for a very affordable price.

This place is a great find in my book and I will be going here again while I'm in on business!

Visited February 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“Pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Visiting from Atlanta and ate here because familly members recommended it. What a pleasant surprise to find this in Statesville. The spring rolls were wonderful as well as the other appetizers we had. I had beef eith mixed vegetables. The veggies and rice were great; the beef wad ok, Service was great and so was the experience overall. Would definitely come again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Love Thai!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I love going to chopsticks!!! They have great food, great prices, and great service!!! I recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to try something new and loves foreign foods!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“what a delightful surprise in Statesville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I went here while an overnight stay in Statesville because of the great reviews here. I was not disappointed. It was a welcome surprise, esp. since I was so disappointed in the hotel choice I had made. It was not as I had read it to be, but Chopstix lived up to the great reviews. We drove to the restaurant on a rainy night after a 12 hour drive when we could have just walked across the parking lot for a quick bite. This was worth it. The food was fresh, delicious, and exceptionally reasonable. The restaurant was also relaxing, clean, and the service was very fast. They have a large take out service also. I would eat here again if I found myself in the Statesville area.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Forest City, North Carolina
“items labeled vegetarian when they are not.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The menu lists items as vegetarian when they are in fact not. Soup stocks contain meat. Unfortunately i learned this by ordering a so called 'vegetarian' item. when finding meat in it, they confirmed the dish was not vegetarian despite advertising it as such. When questioned about another item, they were " not sure" if it was really vegetarian when it was listed as veg. Menu should NOT list items as vegetarian when they are not. Looked like a big piece of ham In my " vegetarian" meal.

• Visited September 2012