“Good Food, Obnoxious Front Desk” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 33 Restaurants in Spruce Pine
Cuisines: Chinese
Bakersville, North Carolina
“Good Food, Obnoxious Front Desk”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I do like the food very much from this restaurant. We take out from here about once every 2 months. Every once in a while we get someone that is OK that takes our order at the front, but it seems to get worse and worse. The last time the girl at the from was the worst I had ever experienced. She seemed mad that I didn't want the buffet, but wanted to make her take down an order. The food itself is good, we enjoy it every time we get it. On my next trip I will just address her and her manager. There is not much competition here or I would go somewhere else. Prices are good also. Very friendly community, but really need to work on this one girl.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

athens,greece
“Great place to take the family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I visit this place every time I go to spruce pine.I take my mom and dad here and they love it.The owners are always there and working hard along with the friendly staff.They always prepare a nice plate of tofu for us when we go there.They have alot of different things on the buffet and they always replenish it frequently.They have a few american items if the kids don't like chinese and healthy options for people who don't eat meat such as california roll sushi,green beans.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bakersville, North Carolina
“Dont take the glass from the table!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

How much does half a dozen pitchers cost? Every time i have been here, the waitresses take your glass from the table to another part of the restaurant to fill it. Yuk! This cant be sanitary. They are also snotty. Foods average at best. Better when they were just a hole in the wall, with no buffet.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

the food here is okay. There aren't many similar restaurants in the area so this one seems to draw more people.

Visited December 2011
Rising Sun, Maryland
“A good Chinese Buffet for a good price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Walk in and you will be seated and offered a choice of drinks and select food from a menu or the extensive buffet.
While this is not the largest buffet I have been to, it is sizable for the area. The food is consistant, and the service very friendly.
You can eat all you desire, for less then $10 bucks!

Visited June 2011