“Spruce Pine's City Drive-In” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 33 restaurants in Spruce Pine
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Fast Food
Sugar Grove, North Carolina, United States
“Spruce Pine's City Drive-In”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The town of Spruce Pine is home to a nostalgic drive-in offering delicious, fresh, made-daily burgers and other tasty menu items including their original recipes for homemade chili and slaw. Service is fast, and the owners, as well as their staff, are friendly and work to prepare your order to your liking in this small-town setting. My favorite is the flounder. It is fried to perfection!

• Visited November 2012

87% Recommend
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Best cheeseburger I've ever had!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Whenever I travel to Spruce Pine I always eat at City Drive-In. I love the atmosphere there with the music from the 50's and 60's playing in the background. They have the best old fashioned hamburger I've ever had! They have really helpful staff and a curb hop will come to your car to take your order. If you decide not to eat in your car you can go inside or under the pavilion to sit. I recently discovered that they serve breakfast, which I had the last time I visited the area. The gravy and biscuits were awesome! The service is great and the food is always great. I have tried a few restaurants in that area, but City Drive-In is by far the best.

• Visited November 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Wish there were one of these closer to home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I adore this place! I go out of my way to stop in anytime I'm in the area, and it has become a family favorite. The atmosphere is small town quaint, and we've never ordered anything that wasn't delicious. This is comfort food at its best!

Visited November 2012
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

I LOVE City Drive In! The service is great. You can't find service like that now days. They always greet me with a smile. I have tried almost everything on the menu and it has always been wonderful. Burgers, hotdogs, bbq, fish, milkshakes, breakfast.... just to name a few. The prices are also great. If you are looking for a nice place to eat you definitely need to try City Drive In!

Wilson, North Carolina
“Best Peanut Butter Milkshake I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Not only are the peanut butter milkshakes to die for, but the food is just as delicious. I could live off their cheeseburgers, fries, and peanut butter milkshakes. Having grown up in rural Eastern North Carolina, I've been to my share of drive-ins and I know what to expect, and this one is one of the best. The customer service is great; the owner came out to say "hello" and to make sure everything was exactly as ordered. You rarely see that anymore, even in high-end eateries.If you're in Spruce Pine, definitely go there. You won't be disappointed, especially if you love drive-in fare.

• Visited March 2012