“breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 33 Restaurants in Spruce Pine
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had stayed at the inn overnight and had gone down for a hearty breakfast before setting out on our travels. Great breakfast made by the owner. Bacon, eggs, & pumpkin waffles to die for! Price was very reasonable. Very interesting conversation with Mike regarding the history of the inn.

Visited October 2012

Raleigh, North Carolina
“The outside condition made me change my mind...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had printed the directions to Skyline Motel while researching motels along the Blue Ridge Pkwy. It sounded wonderful, built with moonshine money, recently renovated, etc. But when we pulled up, I very quickly changed my mind due to the outside appearance. I really wanted to check it out, but we were tired and looking for a clean place to stay. I never went in, we drove 20 mins into Marion and found a Comfort Inn. These other reviews on here rate it pretty high, so I am curious as to whether or not we should've given it a chance. I was not that brave! The owner really needs to work on the outside appearance because I'm sure we are not the only ones who changed their minds. The view of this motel from the parkway is hideous.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Texas
“Good food, good people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I just cannot say enough about the Skyline. It is wonderful. Their dinners are good, their breakfasts are really good. Mike and Lynne are just super awesome people.

Visited June 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Something Fresh and Different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Sweet Potato Soup was delicious and a standout among great dishes. Meat Loaf, BBQ, Chili, Green Beans, and that's just dinner. The dessert selection was both beautiful and delicious.

Visited December 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

Good food, good beer, good value, great people, fantastic location

Visited October 2011