“The Best food in town!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Update restaurant details
Ranked #10 of 32 restaurants in Spruce Pine
Cuisines: Barbecue
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“The Best food in town!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We have rental homes in Little Switzerland so we frequent Bama Que every time we are in town. Best food and prices. a true Locals secret, I can taste my favorite Chicken Sandwich all the way from Fla and by thinking about it. A Great family place...

Visited July 2012

83% Recommend
Chattanooga, TN USA
“Tasty, friendly BBQ, good value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We've been to this restaurant a few times over the last few years (every time we are in NC Mtns). Friendly staff/people, clean basic BBQ restaurant/stand. Great prices on food and drink (bottle beer, too). Some outside eating area - small inside area. Takeaway to where you are staying. good size portions (without going too big). Basic bbq options (sandwiches, plates, ribs, etc,...). Nothing fancy, but tasty and worth the money. Plus it is easy to find, right on one of the main roads, just off of Blue Ridge Parkway on Hwy 226 (down the mtn from Parkway). If you are traveling it is an easy detour for lunch or dinner. 7 days a week, too!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“It's not what it was”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This has been one of my favorite places to take visiting family and friends, but on my most recent visit, the menus had changed indicating smaller portions (I could live with that since before the portions were BIG), but what really bothered me was that the ribs were not nearly as meaty and were dry. This was last Tuesday and I guess it is possible that they were left over from the weekend, but if that is the case, that would be the worst news of all. I'll going back soon on a different day of the week and hope that I happened to get a bad day.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bakersville, North Carolina
“The Pimento Cheese:Homemade and Delish!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I got a bowl of Brunswick stew, which was very good, and the special that day called for a homemade Pimento Cheese sandwich. That sandwich was incredible! Thick, grilled, it was different in taste from any other I had ever had, but not so different that you din'r know right off what it was. It was subtle, and whatever they did, it was wonderful!. I had them make another so I could take it home with me for the next day.

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Great Ribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Very basic place, with great food...I had the 1/2 rack of ribs and they were very meaty/tasty...Well worth the visit...

Visited October 2012