“Seafood soup was excellent.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 34 Restaurants in Spruce Pine
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are located in a beautiful setting, overlooking Grassy Creek Golf Course. Excellent food, home made soups and desserts, full ABC license , great wine list and local brews! Come join us for lunch,dinner, or Sunday Brunch! Closed Monday.
North Carolina
“Seafood soup was excellent.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

First let me point out this is a golf course restaurant, my husband says it is one of the best he has ever been to, clean and friendly. We both had the seafood soup and it was excellent. I ordered the baby leaf spinach salad with warm bacon dressing and my husband had the Philly sandwich. Both were wonderful, beautifully presented. Our sever was very attentive and we really enjoyed sitting looking out over the golf course. We enjoyed it.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Johnson City, Tennessee
“Pretentious Attempt at Pleasing Everyone”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

The menu reads like a pretentious attempt at fine dining.

The dishes try to please everyone without satisfying anyone. A good restaurant menu perfects and reflects on what the local culture--through the chef's eyes can create and make delicious. At the simplest it should taste good and look good. This menu provided too much variety--from a Taco Salad to a $26 filet minion--grouper--chicken marsala--burgers. Does mexican-seafood-italian-american sound good to you? Well, it might. Try this place out. Nothin' impressive to me-especially when my dining choice is refracted through price.

The tuna wasn't bad, but it was $18 dollars--
I would have been better served to buy a couple chunks from any grocery store--defrost--and slice thin with some soy and rice-wine vinegar. I'm sure this restaurant follows a similar preparation method.

Thank goodness the blue-cheese burger had some nice grill marks and a charbroiled flavor somehow overpowering the pungent blue cheese.

The dining room is dim but the section looking out to the golf course has some nice views. Luckily we were asked to sit outside on this patio--into the sunlight--even though the dining room was empty

We felt we got rushed by the service--but maybe they were having a 'bad day'. I know I do, as a nurse. I still try to always make people feel listened too, however. I did not feel listened to.

I have visited the prime-rib buffet a couple of times--and prime rib is always good.

I am a lover of food and travel extensively to eat. I would not recommend this restaurant if it's ways are not changed--refocus. The vibe could be nice and the manager--who I met-- is a jolly, personable man. This made the visit all the more disappointing.

Well, I need to go to bed. I have to go to work tomorrow where I wipe poop for a living--and deal with blood, pee-pee of the homeless and family-less --- the mentally sick---the diseased and those without support. A job I love and take pride in.

-----------With that being said-- I had to work 5 hours to pay for my girlfriend, family and my meal.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Enka, North Carolina
“REALLY Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My family and I had dinner here this past Saturday, and it was PACKED. Everyone in Spruce Pine came to enjoy this place. The meal was splendid, and for as busy as they were it came out quick! There was even a line in the waiting area, we're not the only family that will come back many more times. Lots of menu options, Polo Fundido (Chicken Queso), Prime Rib (My wifes Favorite) and Chicken Gorgonzolla are all great choices. Will be back soon!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Asheville, North Carolina
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Great creative, tasteful meal. Stuart is doing a great job maintaining this restaurant. The food, service and view is absolutely perfect. Thanks Stuart & staff!!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burnsville, North Carolina
“Great Brunch!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stuart has redone this restaurant and the food is great. The brunch has a nice variety. The staff is always cheerful and attentive. Nice view of golf course. We have had dinner a few times and have really enjoyed ourselves.

Visited July 2013