“Outstanding Service and Accommodations” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Spring Lake
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Outstanding Service and Accommodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

For my two day stay for an event at Ft. Bragg I randomly picked this hotel based on web searching. Beginning with my first phone calls to the hotel to clarify aspects of my stay to the day I left, I realized my random pick was likely the best place I could have stayed. Every employee I had contact with, from the Guest Services Manager to employees busy with various cleaning duties, was welcoming, polite, and always helpful.

My room was clean with a comfortable bed and the bathroom was well stocked with plenty of clean towels. When I went into the lobby one morning after breakfast was no longer being served, an employee asked if she could help me as she saw me despairingly looking at the empty breakfast bar. Instead of just telling me that breakfast was over, she went into the kitchen area and spoke with the cook who then prepared for me a full breakfast. And it was delicious too!

There were also were several other times where employees went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable during my stay. I would like to thank Mandy, Asia, Angela, Jeff, and all the other employees whose names I did not get.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
GMHIXSL103, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spring Lake - Ft. Bragg, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am so pleased to hear that as a loyal guest you always have a wonderful experience here! We strive to deliver optimal customer service to every guest and it seems our mission was accomplished. I hope you continue to choose from the IHG family of brands for your all your travel needs and we can't wait to see you again next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My son came back from Afghanistan and I wanted my younger son and I to greet him as he got off the plane. It is a six hour drive from where we live to Ft. Bragg so we chose to stay in a hotel there. The Holiday Inn Express was reasonable and comfortable, very clean and the staff was incredible.

Mandy Kelly was the GS Manager and she was incredibly helpful with directions to where needed to go and recommending places to eat. The breakfast staff was just as great the cleaning lady was incredibly nice. This as a very nice hotel. The room was big enough for three of us and all our junk. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel and the help Mandy provided us. Next time I need to go back to Ft. Bragg I will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GMHIXSL103, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spring Lake - Ft. Bragg, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and compliments to the staff. We are truly dedicated to delivering exceptional service. We are thrilled they are on our team. I will be sure to share this with the team as it is always a great motivator for us to keep providing excellent service to all our guests. We greatly appreciate your recommendation and we hope you will continue to stay with us in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I PCS'd to Fort Bragg and ended up staying here for about 2 weeks while I found a place to live. I've stayed at many hotels across the US and Europe and know what to expect for quality. Honestly, my expectations for a place like the Holiday Inn Express are not too high because it's not a place that comes to mind when I think of a nice place to stay. This place has definitely raised the bar for my expectation. The customer service was always on hand, informative and helpful. Wednesday nights is a social with free food and beer in the common area, this was a nice feature.

This is also an IHG hotel which I had little knowledge of until I was informed of it by the front desk. After looking into it I signed up and got a nice gift basket and a room upgrade (This hotel stays full as far as I can tell so I believe I just had good timing with the upgrade). I travel quite a bit at times and I wish I had known of this sooner. The perks are pretty good, it's no additional costs, and all you do is give some basic info to the front desk.

My complaints are minor and few. The halls and floors were a little worn but I noticed maintenance working a lot for upkeep and renovations, so this is probably being fixed. Breakfast could have been better but I was fairly pleased considering what I expected. I would complain about the area and location but I soon found out that that just goes with the territory most anywhere around Fort Bragg.

Bottom line, I give this hotel 5 stars because it far exceeded my expectations. This place set the bar for an inexpensive place to stay. Get the IHG rewards card, you get fresh cookies and candy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I truly appreciate you taking the time to post your experience on Trip Advisor. Our goal is that every guest feels welcome and every guest has a great time while they are staying with us. Please visit us next time, we will provide the best service you ever had! We look forward to welcoming you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have been staying at the Holiday Inn Express since July while I work at Pope AFB. The staff helps you get that homie vibe right away. They try to help you with any problems you may have during your visit. These pass months has been the best mini vacation away from home. The rooms are very nice and well taking care of. I look forward to breakfast everyday (cinnamon rolls mmm-mmm good). I will definitely come back to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: The suites are amazing to stay in.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
GMHIXSL103, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spring Lake - Ft. Bragg, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Those are some great comments. Thank you for the excellent feedback, I am proud to hear we are delivering excellent customer service. Hope you continue to enjoy your stay with us
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

In all my (world wide) travels I have never experienced customer service like this. Every time I walk through the door I am greeted. Every time I leave I am given warm wishes. Even when the front desk personnel are checking in new customers they can be counted on to call out "Have a great day!". Since checking in I have been given a goodie bag every day as I leave for work. It's like my mom packed my lunch for me. If I leave my room for only an hour to grab lunch my room is already clean when I return. They serve fresh hot coffee 24 hours and delicious home made cookies are served at the front desk. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. The cleaning staff are quiet and courteous, so as my schedule changes I can sleep at anytime of the day (you know how rare that is!). It is also very military friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff here really go above and beyond!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GMHIXSL103, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spring Lake - Ft. Bragg, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for the amazing feedback! Our staff strives to deliver excellent service to every guest. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Hampstead, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed at Holiday Inn express for about 4 months while I was training at Pope AFB. The staff is simply wonderful!!! I especially want to give a HUGE shout out to Billie at the front desk- this girl always had a smile, and always went above and beyond during my stay. She would specially pack a breakfast bag with a banana and some little chocolates, and then put it off to the side to make sure I had one every morning before work. She always made myself and all of the other flyers feel welcome and at home. We appreciate you taking care of us!!!
Also, Heather went the extra mile when my car broke down in the parking lot. I only went to the front desk to ask for a phone book, and by the time I left, Heather had called the Auto parts store, tow truck, and auto repair shop for me, and arranged everything!! She even had her husband hook me up with a discount for a new starter, and I was back to driving that afternoon. WOW, thanks for treating me like family! You simply rock!
I travel so much with the military, and I can say I met some of the nicest people I've ever met at this hotel. The list could go on, to knowing exactly what I drink at Customer Appreciation night, to helping me carry my luggage...So thanks to Amy and her great team. Everyone, made such a difference in our stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GMHIXSL103, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spring Lake - Ft. Bragg, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Noelani23-
Those are some great comments. Our staff truly misses you. Thank you for the excellent feedback and we hope to see you again sometime soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 14 days, whilst we were looking for a place to live,( we had just PCS from Arizona). When we entered the hotel we were greeted by the desk clerk she was extremely friendly and had lots of valuable knowledge about the area and what was available to us.
The hotel lobby was very clean and tidy, after a quick check in we went to our room. The room was very neat, clean and tidy and had everything we need for our stay, including fridge and mircowave.
The staff during our stay where excellent, nothing was to much trouble, I also appreciated that the management provided an appreciation night( every wednesday) there was food and drinks and a chance to get to know the General Manager.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting Ft Bragg or Pope, I have stayed in many hotels all across the world and for price, location and the feeling of home this is one of the best

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GMHIXSL103, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spring Lake - Ft. Bragg, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
UFGator77-

Thank you for the AMAZING feedback. Our goal is excellence for all our guests and it seems that we hit our mark! I hope that you come back and stay with us again if the need every arises.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Spring Lake - Ft. Bragg? Share your experiences!