“5 Minutes to Ft Bragg” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Spring Lake
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“5 Minutes to Ft Bragg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Leaving hotel at 8:00 am, took me only 5 minutes to the Butner gate on the Spring Lake side of Ft. Bragg. From there, it was only another 5 minutes to the FORSCOM/USARC building. Spring Lake is not as nice as the Fayetteville side of Ft. Bragg, but this is the closest nice hotel to post that I've found. Hotel lobby and breakfast area were clean and welcoming. Room was updated and comfortable. Hotel is weirdly divided into two buildings, connected by long walkway. Check-in is confusing, as you see two lobby entrances from parking lot - go to the one on the left as you face the buildings. Overall, very comfortable and reliable hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GMHIXSL103, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spring Lake - Ft. Bragg, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
I am glad our location convenient for your travel needs. We have just upgraded our lobby and rooms to create a more modern and comfortable feel. We hope you will continue to chose Holiday Inn Express for your travel needs!

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Upon arriving at the hotel I was greeted by Heather and she was such a ray of sunshine; a smile on her face and very helpful. Check in was so easy. The hotel overall is very good, although there were some very rude guests staying here. Loud in the hallways but the hotel can't control the guests but when I called the front desk they immediately took care of the problem.

The pool was great, enough chairs and towels for everyone and there were a lot of people out there. The breakfast is just enough and they keep the area very clean.

The only complaint I have is that the coffee pot is not plugged in and to reach the plug you have to reach behind the cabinet that has the fridge and microwave on it. Very hard to get to so I just gave up.

I would stay here again and just ask the front desk to make sure the coffee pot was plugged in for me.

Room Tip: I think staying on a higher floor it would be much quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
GMHIXSL103, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spring Lake - Ft. Bragg, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Lynn S. -

Thank you so much for you positive words. I am proud to hear we are delivering excellent customer service and that we were quick to assist and fix the noise issue. You will be happy to know we installed new furniture in the rooms that will make plugging in your coffee pot a very easy task. We look forward to your next visit!
Hopewell, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

conveniently located within 5 minutes to FT Bragg. In my opinion the rooms were outdated with older furniture. I had a roach that was not picked up the whole time I stayed. I stayed for 6 nights! The fitness center only has a few pieces of equipment. The continental breakfast was pretty good. The highlight in staying in this hotel is that they had social hour once a week. they had egg rolls, chicken wings and free beer and wine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GMHIXSL103, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spring Lake - Ft. Bragg, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
First let me express my total embarrassment and apologize for the issue with the roach. I do apologize for this behavior from our housekeeping staff and it will be addressed. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the guest appreciation social we hold weekly! We do hope you will consider us for all your future travel needs at Ft. Bragg.
Fort Bragg, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is my third time staying at the holiday inn express in springlake I only experience positive things every time I stay. The entire staff from front desk to housekeeping to breakfast host were amazing. I felt like I was home the front desk greeted me with the warmest welcome. Whatever I needed it was accommodated and housekeeping was quick to respond to my needs The rooms were very clean and renovated , there was a variety of hot breakfast every morning and the convenience fort bragg being so close safed me a lot of trouble driving so far. The mall and restaurants are only ten min away and I was able to enjoy a good meal and entertainement downtown fayetteville which was only fifteen min away. When I travel to fort bragg this will always be my number one hotel. Thumbs up to management for managing the hotel so well and making my stay so enjoyable

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMHIXSL103, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spring Lake - Ft. Bragg, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Lisa,

WOW! Thanks for all the great comments. As you know we strive to create a great experience every time. Thank you for your continued loyalty and we forward to seeing you again soon. Happy Traveling!
Bethel Park, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

On my stay at HIE, I had the best time! The staff, beds and hot water were super. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying with family/ friends. We had an easy commute to Ft Bragg and access to all we needed. The staff was great with recommendations. The management and staff know how to make a hotel experience feel welcoming and warm.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GMHIXSL103, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spring Lake - Ft. Bragg, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Jessica,
Thank you for your kind review. I am always happy to hear from my guests! We are dedicated to providing you with top notch service. We look forward to seeing you again.
Waynesville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

During my trip the staff couldn't have been friendlier upon check in. The beds were comfy, the rooms were nice, and the breakfast was of course your typical hotel breakfast but still good and they worked to keep items fresh. Great coffee!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
We are delighted to hear you had a great service experience with us. We strive to deliver excellent service to every guest! Thank you and we hope you visit again soon!
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My stay was wonderful. The staff is overly accommodating whenever needed. The bed was comfortable and there was plenty of hot water! The bathrooms are small but everything was in great shape. I would highly reccommend to anyone needing a room near Ft Bragg!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Happy to hear from another satisfied guest!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Spring Lake - Ft. Bragg? Share your experiences!