“Best Hotel Stay Ever” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Spring Lake
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Hotel Stay Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

My family and I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Spring Lake and received the best service we have come across in a very long time. I am a frequent business traveller and stay in hotels quite often. This hotel stood out amongst any other from service to cleanliness to overall upkeep. At first I was a little apprehensive about staying there after reading a previous post about the manager and housekeeping staff. I must say, the manager my family and I encountered was extremely friendly and professional. This type of attitude was present in every staff member we encountered. I am glad that I did chose to stay at this location, it made our trip to the area very worthwile. If ever in the area again, we will choose this hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

I would like to highlight this hotel there was a member of staff who was very helpful so helpful they went through are bags and stole a birthday present,so if you stay here beware !!.also the general manager is very poor when this happens he can't even follow up this with a phone call to say sorry for the thief he has on his staff.you have been warned.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Sanford, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

We were traveling on business. For the most part the staff was very professional. with a couple of exceptions. The Hotel on a whole was quite clean. But there were a couple of problems with the room. There is a huge sunken area under the carpet by the bathroom that we kept tripping over. and You can imagine my surprise when I tried to sit down on the toilet the first time and ended up almost on the floor. The toilets seem to be child sized and only about a foot or less off the floor. I assume this is because if they had a adult sized toilet that the bathroom door would not open or close. If I were the good people of Americans with disabilities. I would send in a bunch of ringers and make lots and lots of money suing them for violations. Also while we were there the elevator was out of service as much as it was in service.
As for the one managers he was a big jerk. When a guest complains about a problem on one day and is promised that it will be resolved. It is one thing.But when they have to complain about it two days in a row It is something else. In a Service industry that should NEVER happen. But it did, Yes I understand it is hard to keep your cool when you have a very angry customer yelling at the front desk But it was mishandled by the snotty little unprofessional boy they had as a manager that afternoon. I am sorry I did not catch his name or I would mention it here. In a service industry the customer is not always right , but you have to make them feel that they are. All an angry customer wants to hear coming out of your mouth is "Yes I understand you have a problem." Yes I will do everything in my power to FIX the problem as soon as possible" " Let me call the person that can best help you.,so they can get your problem solved once and for all." You DO NOT imply the problem was the customers fault. (By the way it was Not my fault.) You DO NOT argue with the customer. And Last but not least. After somebody else at the front desk call the person who can fix the problem. And THAT person is taking care of the problem and has start calming down the angry customer. You ABSOLUTLY DO NOT come over to the angry bu somewhat soothed customer and pour gasoline on an already inflamed situation By Coming over the the customer implying that they have no right to be upset Because of YOUR staffing problem.and implying that they are at fault again. And You DO NOT. Tell them " To calm down because they are disrespecting you." You Sir were (to quote your words) were disrespecting ME. And the man sitting next to me, that you were trying to impress by your poor treatment of a PAYING customer. Well after you walked away turned to me and said. If that happened to HIM and he was treated the way you treated me He would be furious. So Maybe you should go back to charm school, or get out of the profession where you have to deal with people.. As your people skill are not existent.Your attitude will lose customers for your parent organization. And with the rise of Social Media. My discontent has reached thousands of potential customers. Not just on here but on Facebook and all the other cyber sites I belong to.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

Frequent traveller to the Spring Lake/Fort Bragg Area. This hotel is absolutely one of the best performers I have stayed at this year. From the front desk personnel to the cleaning/maintenance staff, this hotel is keyed in on customer/business traveller needs. They consistently hit the mark as well as exceed it. Even though this is a chain, it has consistenty shown a personal touch each and every time I stay. It is convenient to a lot of restaurants both chain and local which is also a plus. Better fitness center than most chains on site as well. It would be a big mistake to not stop by and check out their hospitality. :)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Killeen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

I was very pleased with the support of the staff. Whatever we asked your staff made sure we had it. From the Cleaning workers to the Front Desk. I really enjoyed my staff. The was friendly and informative. Event I asked for the staff went above and beyond finding the information. The best Staff in a Hotel I have been in, in a long time and I have stayed in some pretty nice hotels in my lifetime. From Spain to Germany to the USA, this is by far the best service I have recieved.

Jason R. Shelton

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Seoul, South Korea
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

My family and I just PCS'd into Ft. Bragg. I made hotel reservations for 2 rooms to last 8 weeks.......only made it 1 week. Was supposed to have adjoining rooms (wife plus 5 kids), went to check in guess what, no adjoining rooms. After a week of having to deal with unhelpful staff that really couldn't care less about the customer (in my opinion) and having to deal with staff that didn't take any pride in their work (cleaning crew in particular) we checked out and moved to another HIE south of Fayetteville that was 1000% better. We then spent nearly $12,000 during our stay in this new hotel.....sorry but if your service sucks and you don't know how to clean you don't get my money........avoid this hotel!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Spring Lake, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

Staff was quick to fill every request with courtesy and efficiency. Breakfast was hot and tasty with great variety ( something different every day) . Wednesday Evening Guest reception was well hosted with a great variety of food and drink served with speed and accuracy.
Quiet, clean room with great parking,
I will stay here next time for sure.

Thanks to a great staff and for a well run facility at a great price.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Spring Lake - Ft. Bragg? Share your experiences!