“Great Hotel with Poor Service” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Members Save 10%
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Spring Lake
Spring Lake, United States
“Great Hotel with Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

As a proud Hilton Honor's Member, I must admit that I have never been denied a late check-out. I have stayed at Hilton Hotels all over the United States and have yet to come across a hotel that has denied a later check-out time due to my travel arrangements. However, when I requested a later check-out in at Hampton Inn Spring Lake/Ft. Bragg due to my travel arrangements and not being able to depart until 12/1pm, I was simply told no due to it being a Friday morning and others wanted to check-in on time. I understand this reasoning for a hotel located in a vacation setting or a major city. However, in Fayetteville, NC, this should not be an issue for a Hilton Hotel. When a colleague of mine, one whom I actually travelled with, requested a late checkout she was kindly approved. I'm not sure if race had anything to do with this, but I was appalled by the service of the front desk staff for this inconsistency. As a Hilton Honors member, I was very disappointed and would not desire to return to this hotel. I felt as if I was discriminated against because of my age and/or race. I left Hampton Inn Spring Lake/Ft. Bragg on a discouraging note and hope to never return to this hotel. I mentioned my concern with the front desk as I check-out the next morning at my regular check-out time. Instead of addressing the issue she quickly moved on to next thing on her computer screen. Disappointing to say the least.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

pdpatel910, General Manager at Hampton Inn Spring Lake-Ft. Bragg, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Christian S,

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Spring Lake. On behalf of our Hampton Inn Team, please accept my sincerest apologies for your less than satisfactory experience. We would have hoped to accommodate you during you travels, however, we do apologize that we could not fulfill the late check-out request. During your stay, we were experiencing a high demand time frame that put the property at no vacancies. I would like to apologize for any impression that questioned our hospitality; we are proud members of a strong military town that encourages diversity. We will use this situation as a learning experience to ensure that our guests in the future are accommodated to the best of our ability. Thank you for your business, time, and consideration.

Best regards,

Pavan Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Durham, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Excellent customer service provided by the hotel staff. They worked diligently to meet our every expectation. When the heating/cooling unit in our room became so loud that it hampered our sleep the front desk clerk moved quickly to get the matter resolved.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Medford, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Have stayed in Hampton Inn in other locations many times. The staff here was very friendly and helpful. Location was away from the very crowded shopping area which was pleasant. Everything clean and comfortable with all the usual amenities. Nice pillows and free wifi that worked! Would return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Newport News, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Excellent place to stay short and long term. Clean, peaceful and conveniently located to Fort Bragg. The food and rates are very reasonable. The staffing was very professional and friendly. Would stay here again on my next visit to Fort Bragg or in the area.

San Antonio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Average hotel with great staff. Not a great location but it's close to Fort Bragg. Not many resturants, shopping or entertainment in close proximity. I shouldn't have to write 200 characters to post this. I should be able to sum the hotel up in very few words...clean, hospitable staff, and close to Fort Bragg.

Spring Lake, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The facility was incredibly clean and well-maintained. The staff went the extra mile and were very flexible when our group needed to drop a room due to fewer numbers. A wonderful experience in every way; nothing but positives!

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I must say that your staff there are the true embodiment of "southern hospitality". They do the little things that make guests feel welcome, from the friendly ladies that prepare the breakfast that are never too busy to pause what they are doing to say "good morning", to the front desk staff that has taken the time to remember the names of frequent guests, to the cleaning staff that are always cheerful when I pass them in the hallway. This is my #1 choice of hotel when I go to Fayetteville. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Spring Lake-Ft. Bragg? Share your experiences!