“Love it love it love it!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 20 restaurants in Sparta
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop
Mount Airy, North Carolina
“Love it love it love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Great coffe, always fresh, and a delightful hostess, Selma. Everyone likes the place and the locals hang out there -- AND Selma is, like, the world's best baker! Try the rum cake, the brownies, etc etc - lots of specialty coffees and teas, no order too complicated. Computer available, live music sometimes, simply astoundingly great coffee place on the main street of a small mountain town.....

Visited June 2012

95% Recommend
Laurel Springs, North Carolina
“Nice coffee shop with a wide selection of Coffee, tea, smoothies, hot or cold items.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Very nice atmosphere. WIFI, a few seats at the "bar", a small table, and a few sofa type seats. I usually stop for a hot herbal tea on my lunch hour when I am in town. They also sell local arts and crafts. But they do take a lot of time making the tea and it can get really slow if someone else orders a large tea as they only had one pot to make large tea in when I was there last. So I only go when I have time to wait 20 minutes or so or I order a small.

• Visited June 2011
Charlotte, North Carolina
“great place, laid back and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

Not sure what happened to the previous couple but I have been to the Backwoods Bean a number of times and I love it there. They are very friendly unless they are busy. The wine I had at the wine tasting was good and there were a lot of good cheeses that were complimentary. I would give them another shot, there is a learning curve here maybe, remembering too, that this is Sparta, not Charlotte or D.C. They are having Cuban night on June 24th and I plan to be there!

Visited May 2011
Aiken, South Carolina
“Awesome products & owner is the best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

My husband and I frequent Sparta, NC often and everyday we are there we go to Backwoods Bean Coffee Shop. Selma, the owner, is simply wonderful and will bend over backwards to provide you with the best customer service you have every had in a coffee shop. When we talk about Sparta to our friends we always tell them to be sure and go by and see Selma and enjoy her hospitality, great coffee and delicious pastries!

• Visited September 2010
Aiken, South Carolina
“Sorry about the wine snob's bad experiance, but”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

this place is great! I have had coffee and fresh bakery there several times and not only is the owner and folks that frequent Backwoods Beans have always been very nice. Maybe wine-o had one too many and was seeing double :-)

• Visited October 2010