“Warm welcome home” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 25 Activities in Southport
Type: Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: We are located at Cape Fear Regional Jetport Oak Island, NC. We use 182 Cessna as our jump planes. This will hold 2 students and 2 instructors or 4 Sport Jumpers. Our team is skilled with years of experience. Anyone is allowed to come by and be a spectator and watch them as they jump.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
High Point, North Carolina
“Warm welcome home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I returned to coastal after 2 years of skydiving at another drop zone. I returned to hugs and every one new me by first name. This is family and they let you know it. Skydive takes safety very seriously. You will not beat the view and warm welcome you get from these guys. Strap on up and take the leap and I assure you you'll be back for more.

Visited August 2014

Chester, South Carolina
“great place and great people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I am an experience skydiver and was in Southport for work, i stopped in to visit the place and people were so friendly and the place looked great. Everyone was super nice and very informative about the area.

Visited April 2014
“I've fallen in LOVE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I have been coming to Oak Island for the past 12 years and have always dreamed of skydiving ever since I saw the sign by the airport. I finally decided I was going to do it this year!

My first tandem jump was in June and I loved it so much I went back a few hours later and did it again! My aunt went the second time and loved it too!

Today was my third jump and of course it was amazing! I love the people, everyone there is amazing and makes the whole experience even better! I jumped with Bob the first two times and he's super great. He really made it feel easy! This time I jumped with Laura and she's awesome as well! They love what they do and it's contagious! I love doing this and I really love coming here to do it! The view is spectacular and the people are even more so!

Visited July 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Tandems and AFF and what a view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I started out going to SCC in 2012 going on my own not knowing anyone and jumping with Laura. After going the first time alone, I have not gone alone since then and each person I've brought has LOVED their jump and the facility. This facility is very laid back and treats you like you are their family, which, in skydiving, I am learning you are a family. The views from the plane and under canopy are amazing and absolutely beautiful. I have jumped with both Bob and Laura who are encouraging and love seeing people really enjoy their time. Key is to listen to their instructions. talk to people/other jumpers there and they are usually super friendly and will offer advice to you if you need it or want to discuss techniques with them

I have since almost finished the AFF program (1 jump left as of today) and never believed I would be jumping out of a plane with my own canopy!!! If you have any GLIMMER that you want to jump more than once or think you'd like to be able to be a fun jumper, save your money and enter the AFF program - this consists of 4 tandems, ground school and 5 solo jumps with one instructor (barring you pass those levels). Laura is the instructor there for the solo jumps and she does an amazing job. Bob teaches the ground school and is very thorough - take notes, ask questions and listen.

I love it and I am going to be proud to call SCC my home drop zone

Thank you SCC Staff - from the Owners to the instructors to the pilot to the packers and to the doggies (usually sweet girl Slider is there daily) this is a great facility and I'm glad you're here!

SKYDIVE ON!

Visited July 2014
Canton, New York
“Fun at 11,000 feet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I was both nervous and excited about jumping out of an airplane, and the amazing thing about the folks at Skydive Coastal Carolinas is that they make it all so easy. You truly don't have to do anything but follow one simple instruction at a time. Laura and Bob are both laid back and fun as well as being very experienced and clearly competent. As Laura said during our preflight orientation, you couldn't mess them up if you tried. Several members of my family jumped together, and everyone had a great time. Here's hoping we get to do it again next year!

Visited June 2014