“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Southport Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southport
The Southport Inn
119 N Davis Street, Southport, NC 28461   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Southport B&B and Inns
Mount Pleasant
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I just spent two nights at the Southport Inn during a pre-Thanksgiving getaway and couldn't have enjoyed our stay more. The room was very comfortable - excellent mattress on the bed - and our hostess, Audrey, was charming, friendly, and efficient. She lives on the second floor - B&B rooms are all on the first floor - and was available when we needed her. We didn't feel the lack of a coffee pot in the room was an issue. The kitchen is just down the hall from all the rooms, and I made coffee there each morning. Guests are encouraged to use the kitchen. There are choices for breakfast, with selections made using a menu the evening before, and the complementary bottle of wine was terrific. As others have commented, the location of the inn is perfect for seeing Southport, with almost everything including shops and restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Room 2 where we stayed is the largest, but is just inside the front door, and windows face chairs on...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Georgetown, SC USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have been to Southport many times but am so glad I found the Southport Inn this time. What a special place! Audra, a charming young lady, takes wonderful care of her guests and makes them feel right at home. Complimentary wine was so nice and being able to heat up my leftovers the first night was great. The room and bed were comfortable and relaxing. The breakfasts were tasty. I enjoyed the warm hospitality of Audra and she was so helpful and knowledgeable about the area. THanks for a great trip!

Room Tip: I enjoyed room 4 which had a comfortable wing back chair. The room was quiet and relaxing!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Black Mountain, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The location of the Inn is fantastic. Parking is right there and the whole Community can be done on foot. The facility is neat and clean. The Hostess Audrey is very sweet and accommodating. There are some items that were an "issue" for us that might not be for others. The Hostess is not readily available on the premises. (We had to call and waited 2 hours to get in our room, we actually started to call around to get another reservation) We wanted to watch the news and the remote was broken...one had to dial the TV manually...this required another phone call and a wait for a call back. We were told that bikes were available for residents to use, so we didn't bring our own. When we got there we were told that they too were broken and unavailable. This is the first place I have stayed in years that didn't have a little coffee pot in the room. We get up very early and didn't want to dress and walk to the kitchen and perhaps wake others. Also no hair dryer. Not a biggie, but not one available on the site. The computer was broken so we couldn't have our credit card run! (Luckily we were able to pay with cash)...This is a very reasonably priced place, and a great location. However, I would look elsewhere before I would stay here again. Too many other choices out there!

Room Tip: Room #1 is the largest, but also everyone passes by it...so, if the owners come home to go upstairs...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IrenaSed, Owner at The Southport Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
I'm very sorry your stay was not perfect. I very apologize for it. Audrey is responsible lady, so I don't understand why it took so long time to get in your room. What time did you arrived please?
Coffee - the house is available to our guest as their home, there is not problem go to the kitchen and make a coffee.
TV remote - previous guests broke it and we didn't know about it. Sorry for that. We already bought new one.
Bicycles - We rented for free three our personal bicycles to our guests. The bicycles are top quality. Unfortunately they are not available. I don't understand how they got broke so bad. Also some parts of the bicycles are missing :(
But we are going to buy some bicycles special for the Inn.
Hair dryers are in the hallway ( you could read it in our policy sheet , but usually Audrey tell our guest where they are located. I'll ask her).
Computer - my laptop wasn't working well and for the security with paying with credit/debit cards we got new one. It took a wail to get it set up.
Yes, it was lot of issue . I'm very sorry for that. My son got married last week and we were little more busy with the wedding.
Thank you for your stay and review!
Irena
Goldsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My wife and I celebrated our one year anniversary in Southport from 07/13/12 thru 07/15/12 and stayed at the Southport Inn. This is an AWESOME place to stay located right in the heart of Southport! Everything is within walking distance and the waterfront park is amazing! We stayed in room #4 and were awakened each morning to the smell of eggs, bacon and toast cooked to taste by Audrey. We loved the town, the courteous people and overall atmosphere. We rode our bikes everywhere all weekend (recommend seeing the town by bike) and drove to Oak Island one evening for supper. Would also recommend taking a trip to Bald Head Island. The ferry the Bald Head Island is only 2 miles away from Southport Inn. My wife and I would stay at this Inn again and look forward to coming back to Southport soon! Recommend eating at Moore Street Market, Side Street Bakery and Island Way restaurant.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for the wonderful review!!
Congratulation to your 1 year anniversary and I'm happy you enjoyed the stay at our Inn!
Irena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The only downside of my stay with this Inn was that we only were able to book it for just the one night. For such a popular and well thought of establishment, I count myself fortunate that I was able to get the one night on one weeks notice. Centrally located, quiet, and at a very decent and reasonable price. They have just the three rooms, so it's intimate. We had the Benjamin Carpenter room very roomy, private bathroom, comfortable bed. Not overly stuffy with lots of "antique junk", but well done. It was the extra's that really sold us.....complimentary bottle of wine, access to kitchen and fridge to store perishables. Pretty laid back atmosphere while we were there. You get to set your breakfast times the night before. Would I go back? YOU BET!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at The Southport Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
We appreciate your wonderful review for us! This is the best what we can get from our guests.
Thank you very much!
Irena, John, Linda and Audrey
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

The location is unbeatable. We were able to park the car and walk the entire weekend. Comfortable room, polite innkeepers. Guests have full access to the kitchen and refrigerator which is a great feature if you have food or drinks you want to keep. Breakfast served at the time you request.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at The Southport Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
We appreciate your nice review for our small Inn. Thank you very much and we look forward to meet you here again!
Irena, John, Linda and Audrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

This little gem is a block away from shops and restaurants and a few blocks from the Marina. John is a gracious host and treated my husband and I like family. Very quiet, good parking, and full run of kitchen. The house has wonderful antiques and paintings created by John's mother, Irina. A must see!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at The Southport Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you very much for the nice review for our B&B. We are very happy you liked it here and we look forward to meet you here again!
Irena, John and Linda

Been to The Southport Inn? Share your experiences!