“OMG!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 76 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Italian, American, Seafood, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Waterfront Italian/American Eatery featuring Locally Caught Fresh Seafood. Outdoor waterfront dining with the best sunset view on the Yacht Basin. Everything is made in house from our fresh baked breads to our mozzarella. We offer a Full Bar, Varied Menu, and have dog and smoke friendly area for diners
Southport, North Carolina
“OMG!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We love Southport and we make it a point to try some thing new each time.
Last night we tried the Yacht Basin Eatery! OMG
We were treated by a lovely hostess but the night was about to take an ugly turn. Apparently the manager was not happy about tables being bussed, our's was a mess. After some quick clean up we were seated and given menus.
We waited and we waited but the dinning room had only a few customers. Finally someone came to take our orders. Again we waited and waited.
When we were finally brought our meals, my Fetticine was swimming in oil, I ask the waitress to take it back. She did and never returned the rest of our stay.
We payed the bill, including my meal that was returned and we found that there was a 20 percent tip included in all checks. We were a party of 2
OMG Terrible food, poor service, hidden 20 percent tip policy and a very rude manager
We'll stick to the good Restaraunt next door!

• 2 of 5 stars Food

Huntersville, North Carolina
“even if its free its too much”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I am a seafood aficianado, so when I'm dining near the sea I always get the catch of the day. What I received was not fresh and was not even grouper which was supposedly the catch of the day. The service was no better. I don't think I have ever had a worse dining experience . Do yourself a favor and avoid this dive .)

• 1 of 5 stars Food
“Best restaurant of my life!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Um all I can say is wow!! This place should have absolutely zero bad reviews. Honestly best sea food ever. There were four in my party with four different meals and each one of us said it was our best meal ever. Not to mention Amazing drinks. And Gorgeous views!! I just can't say enough good things. Service was amazing. Thanks Eddie!!! Definitely make it a stop while your in oak island :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis, Maryland
“HORRIBLE Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

7 of us went for lunch on a Saturday afternoon. Short wait to be seated... waitress was friendly. One person in our group ordered a Stromboli, it was almost completely empty inside. We showed it to the server and he told us that they make their own dough and they fill up with air... and pointed out a piece of pepperoni and a piece of sausage.. NO EXAGGERATION.. and walked away. Someone else came over and looked at it and said that is how an authentic Italian stromboli is made and if we wanted a soggy one to go down the street! After the rest of us were almost finished our meal we were asked if we wanted to change it for something else. We order shrimp alamafi ... then the owner Jill came out with a huge attitude and said "so i heard you dont like our stromboli" then took it back saying if you eat it then you cant change it for something else (we had already been there about an hour) everyone was about done. Seems she then was discussing it with some other patrons next to us. My cousin tried to politely talk to her about the way this was being handled and Jill said "so, do i have to pay you for this therapy session?" it was ridiculous... the rest of the food was fine... we had salad, hamburgers and pizza... not great, but fine... Bill came to over $100 plus they added 20% gratuity . I would never eat there again.. and i would not recommend it to anyone else.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pocono Mountains Region, Pennsylvania
“BRIGHT beginning but fading like a NC sunset . . . .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I bike through the waterfront every day and was excited to see some NJ food influence in Souhtport!!! When this place opened in summer, 2011, it was GREAT; awesome homemade cheesecake, hugh sandwiches and tastefully simple Italian food. What happened? The owner boasted he oversees/makes everything FRESH to order which explains the delay in food but over time the higher prices didn't reflect better food. The prime location allows for dining on the water with an awesome view but lately food is less the savory. We dined one night and had a nice mixed seafood meal; $2 charge for a bottle of water, even ordered a piece of dessert for take out but the receipt was changed/increased (as we mis-calculated numbers) to their favor and contacted/called/emailed them twice with no answer. Big turnoff!

• Visited May 2013