“Great View and Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 76 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Italian, American, Seafood, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Waterfront Italian/American Eatery featuring Locally Caught Fresh Seafood. Outdoor waterfront dining with the best sunset view on the Yacht Basin. Everything is made in house from our fresh baked breads to our mozzarella. We offer a Full Bar, Varied Menu, and have dog and smoke friendly area for diners
kernersville, nc
“Great View and Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

We went on a Saturday afternoon for lunch. The place is small but has a great view of the yacht basin harbor. I read several of the issues in earlier posts and we did not experience any of those. They were switching to fountain drinks but it was not working so they charged you $2 for all you can drink soda. Tehy did jsut have bottled water which is a littl odd. That said the food was very good. They had a fried fish of the day sandwich and were very aggreeable to make that grilled for my wife and I. The beer was cold adn the wine was nice. Coupled with the view it was a very nice lunch. The one note i will make is that the spice cake dessert was not very good. It was very bland. Other than that the sandwiches and sides were very good. Also out waiter was very nice and responsive.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Durham, North Carolina
“Gourmet food "made from scratch" and definitely worth the wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

Being the only restaurant open in January along the harbor, we had a 20 minute wait in the mid-afternoon made pleasant by friendly staff and happy patrons. I would imagine it will be even more packed in the high season. The food, however, was well worth the wait. The eggplant marinara sandwiches were the best I've ever had. Table next to us said homemade clam chowder was the best he ever had (I found out as we were both complimenting the chef Bill on the way out.) I ordered a special: bratwurst and kraut. The kraut was pickled by them, and it was amazing. I liked my gourmet bottled ginger ale, and my parents were happy they could order a bottle of wine and sit back and enjoy watching the water and boats go by. We were in no rush, so had a lovely afternoon.

southport
“had one of the best meals so far in town can't wait to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

owner came out to say hello chef did the same . service was with a smile. price wise you couldn't beat.
Food was great , wine was good and the bread was to die for. If your in town it is a must stop.
thanks
Pat

Southport, North Carolina
“GREAT Find!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

The absolutely BEST meal I've had since moving to Southport 2 months ago. Will definitely return, time and again. The bread can't be beat. The owners are most personable, service great. Thank you for your service to the community! Look forward to my next meal at the Yaght Basin Eatery. Janet

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Does your water cost more than anyone else's? . . . . CHANGE THE OIL!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I asked around town and many people have had great experiences here, but not us. Apparently, according to the reviews, we are not the only ones.
Great view, but owner has a really pretentious attitude.. I guess it is all in what you order and who is working there.
Everyone else in Southport is able to serve free water and still make a profit. It's not like you're giving your food away.
People around Southport know a few things about fresh seafood. Fresh fish comes in many colors, but I know undercooked grouper when I see it. When the crust is overdone and hard, while the fish is translucent, rubbery and NOT flakey, I say "change the oil!" Fries and shrimp had same burnt oil breading.
In a tourist, waterfront community like Southport, a server should not have to explain why the food looks the ways it does. I feel sorry for the help. Quit blaming the help for bad management. CHANGE THE OIL!
You claim to serve fresh fries that are properly "twice fried" but if your grease is old, you can fry them over and over and they will still be slimey and as translucent as your grouper. Strangely, the oysters were golden brown and cooked to perfection. Different oil?
I have had good dining expereineces and some bad ones, but never have I hoped a business would close soon . . . until now.

• Visited December 2011