“Southport Treasure” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at River Oaks

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southport
The Inn at River Oaks
512 N Howe St, Southport, NC   |
Ranked #5 of 9 Southport B&B and Inns
Brevard, North Carolina
“Southport Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This place is an absolute jewel....reminiscent of the days of real motor courts. Very clean, updated and well maintained. Truly a relaxing beach experience! Family owned & operated, the staff is very courteous, helpful and informative.
If your looking for safety, privacy and your own porch equipped with rockers, swings and a cool ocean breeze, this is your place. We plan to go back often.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I were in town for a wedding and looking for somewhere to stay that was not a chain. We enjoy fancy hotels, but it just felt wrong to go to a place like Southport and stay in a big chain hotel. The problem though, it that my husband is a germ-a-phobe! I made the mistake of renting a cabin once and it wasn't as clean as we hoped and he was miserable all weekend. So many reviews though said that this place was super clean. Well... they were RIGHT! Wo both enjoyed our stay at The Inn at River Oaks. It was super clean, quiet, and just what we were looking for. The bathroom was a little small, but efficient. If you're looking for a big fancy room, this wouldn't be the place, but if you're looking for a local place that is a fantastic price, homey, cute, and clean, stay at the Inn at River Oaks - you won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
RiveroaksMotel, Manager at The Inn at River Oaks, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
You guys are too good to us! We do work hard but its reviews like these that keep us going. Thanks so much to ALL of our guests we are blessed to live in such a great area with such delightful customers. Wouldn't have it any other way : )
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed here based on other TripAdvisor reviews and were not disappointed. The "inn" is a small older motel that has been modernized without losing its mid-century charm.
Our room was basic, but very clean, including the carpet, and it had a microwave, small fridge, and coffee maker. The tv was older, not a flat screen, and took up a lot space, but it worked fine. We liked having 3 windows, one on the back wall, one in the front, and one in the bathroom, which made the room very bright. The wall unit a/c was fairly quiet and the air was cold.There are rocking chairs and porch swings outside each room's door.
Management was super friendly and very accommodating.
The inn is in a very walkable area, with local shops and sights within walking distance, and in the evening we walked the few blocks down to the Southport waterfront. Very enjoyable.

British Virgin Islands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I really enjoyed my 2-nite stay at the Inn at River Oaks in Southport. This road side motel feels like a time warp where you land in the 1950's! It has a great location. The 2-full sized beds were located in a very clean room (we had #8). You get a separate gold key to the ice room. Sink is behind the main door and the shower stall was extreme small, but honestly had the absolute best water pressure of any hotel I have ever stayed at! The A/C worked blissfully well and we heard no outside sounds. There is Los a small fridge in the room. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The beach on Oak Island was very fun!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have been many places in my life and stayed at a lot of hotels by far The Inn at River Oaks beats them all for many reasons. Joe, Zeke and Chad are the best. They make you feel at home and just like a local. They make you feel safe and are constantly asking you if you need anything. They fill you in on Restaurant advice, Beach advice and anything else you may need to know.
The rooms are clean and have everything you need for a relaxing vacation. As realtors say LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. The Inn is within walking distance to everything you may want to do.
Thank guys for a wonderful time. See you in August. Sadie you are a great dog.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Rarely do I find an establishment that ranks as highly in my mind as the Inn at River Oaks. My family has stayed here multiple times in the last year, and my wife and I just returned from our anniversary trip. We travel to Southport about every month or so, and we always try to get a room here. Firstly, the staff acts like you are their only guest, and are always on call if needed. We had one trip where we didn't get to the Inn until 10 pm, and Zek went well out of his way to make sure we got comfortably into our rooms. When we first looked at this hotel, Joe took us to several of the rooms they had available to try and find a room that fit our needs. And the biggest thing is how clean the rooms are.

We have seen both Zek and Joe out in the town, and they always come talk to us and try to make sure we are enjoying our stay. They are traditional beach boys, so you have to keep in mind how relaxed they are. It has been my impression that they want to make sure you feel like part of the community. If you want to know the good places to eat and fun stuff to do, talk to the guys here. I greatly enjoy seeing the guys that work here because I know it will involve catching up on what has happened since our last visit, and listening to some wonderful stories.

Since our stays, I have read several of the reviews and appalled at some of the items others complained about. I have never had issues with the rooms, and if I ever did, I know it will be promptly handled. If you want a good place to stay where you feel as comfortable as you do at home, come see Zek and Joe.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very quiet, and the rooms toward the back tend to be a little bigger.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Largo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Very quiet an peaceful, one day there is like a weeks vacation. Joe and Zeke personally see to the comfort of their guests and the cleanliness of the rooms. We are happy to stay in a relaxing and safe location

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Inn at River Oaks? Share your experiences!