“Sticky” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Southport
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Sticky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

The rooms were very well maintained and the staff was friendly but for some reason all three times I've stayed in this hotel the rooms are so humid. No matter how you set the thermostat or anythig else you feel sticky.

• Stayed May 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Southport for a family wedding. It was very comfortable and clean. The breakfast was very nice and had a great assortment of items. The staff was extremely nice and accommodating. The pool was spotless and perfect swimming temperature. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

The place was what I expect from a Hampton Inn. Clean. Well maintained. Nice breakfast. Very friendly and attentive staff. The only morning that I was able to go down for breakfast, there was an attendant asking everyone if they needed anything else. Refilling the empties, cleaning up. Customer service like I expect, not like I get most places. I had a room on the ground floor, which I always try to avoid, however, it was quiet and comfortable. No problems.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Pinehurst, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

We had a good stay, up to Hampton standards. Friendly and helpful staff, clean and comfortable bed. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Requests are handled well
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
north carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is at least my fourth trip to this hotel. It is consistently clean, with friendly service. I especially appreciate the second shift's (6/9/11 & 6/10/11) recommendations for dinner, etc. The only issue I have is that it is always difficult to park!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
KTfromNC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

Yes, the rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, and the location is fine. The free breakfast is slightly above a continental breakfast (we passed) It was nice to have coffee, tea, hot chocolate available 24hrs. but how often would one really use this? Has a nice, although pricey, Italian restaurant next door.

BUT.... If you need wifi service this place will not work for you, and the only compromise is to sit in the lobby doing your work in their "business center" which doubles as the breakfast area lobby seating area.

Sorry, that offer is not a good solution.

My advice for the hotel owners?

Fire your current wifi service provider and get a company that can do it right.

Was I satisfied? NOT A CHANCE! Would I recommend this hotel? NO!

Room Tip: Business traveler? Comfort Suites in Leland....
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
eerickson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Southport, responded to this review, May 27, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Hampton Inn Southport. I would like to extend my apologies to you that the WiFi service we provide falls well short of your expectiations. Please know that, as part of the Hilton Family of Hotels, we are working hard to keep up with the increased demands for fast and reliable WiFi service for our guests.

We will continue to work diligently to find a solution for you, our valued guests.

Thank you for staying with us. I hope we will have an opportunity to have you as our guest again in the future.

Best regards,
Eleanor Erickson
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I stayed at Hampton Inn in Southport last weekend with my family. We were there for a wedding. I found the hotel to be fine, no major problems. It had everything that was needed. The beds were a litte worn but still okay. Pillows were nice. Nice flat screen tv. I stayed on the first floor and could hear when others walked above us but it wasn't horrible. They have a nice size bathroom. The closet was a litttle small. I did use the free wi-fi, you need a code from the front desk. They also have a computer room to use if you don't have your own computer, with printer. The front desk staff was very helpful. They have a breakfast area that you can get fruit, cookies, coffee, tea from 24/7. The breakfast was nice. You had items that were pre-cooked and in bags that you heat up in the microwaves. On my morning it was french toast, ham & cheese omelettes and sauage biscuits. Pretty good. You also have a self waffle maker, which Sarah (friendly staff) was there to assist with because many were having a hard time figuring it out!

All in all I have happy with my stay and wouldn't delay in staying here again if an opportunity presented itself.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Southport? Share your experiences!