“Nothing Special” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We ate here after a Sailing excursion and I was inclined to get a burger but instead got the shrimp appetizer and the Crab Toast. The shrimp was good but my first Crab Toast came and it was burnt. I sent it back and got a better one but it was WAY overpriced!! Just mediocre food but view was gorgeous!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Charlotte
“Good saloon hangout”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I like to go to the Deadend and sit at the bar to eat and have a drink. The food is really pretty good and you can get anything jfrom burgers and fries to fresh fish dishes. Crab Soup is fabulous. Lots of locals hang out here.

Visited June 2012
Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania
“Nice Location But That's About It”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

While the location is decent and provides a good view of the Inter coastal Waterway and boat docks, the service and food quality left a lot to be desired. Our waitress was pleasant and polite but apparently there are kitchen problems as our food as well as others around us took forever to arrive at our tables. I ordered a veggie burger but there was absolutely no veggies in that meatless patty. It lacked any kind of flavor. My companion had a burger and he was satisfied with that.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, NC
“Seafood and more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Eaten here several times over the years and it is always excellent. Service may sometimes be slow but the food is always great.

Visited June 2012
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Terrible wait and then you run out of food?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Have been to Dead End a couple times over the last few years. Unless you plan to sit at the bar, it isnt worth it. We put our name in for a party of 6 and an estimated wait of 20-25. 45 minutes later we were still waiting. I finally asked and was told we would be seated next. 25 minutes later, they called the name and informed us (since I had kids next to me) that they had no chicken tenders, no wings, no nacho chips, and no fries. No, common sense would tell me that at least you would have known something towards the "we are running out" at least 30 minutes prior. Once I was told this I was then told that the kitchen had closed and it was apps only. Well, with no nacho chips, fries, tenders, wings...there isnt much left. What a waste of time. We headed to Duffers and were seated within a minute or two and had a nice meal that had everything on the menu.
This isnt the first time that Dead End has gone wrong...the last few years we have had an issue with waiting for food (service is FOREVER). Again, if you are at the bar for a beer and crab cake (which do happen to be the best in the area) you are fine...but if your party is more than 2 and you want to sit at a table...choose at your own risk

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere