“Great place to eat” 5 of 5 stars

Description: Phone 910/454-0088 • 910/454-8156
Oak Island, North Carolina, United States
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We go here for lunch often. They have the best salads in the area! This is the perfect restaurant for any type meal. The last visit I had the BBQ pork ribs. They were great.

Visited March 2014

Battle Creek, Michigan
“Special not so special.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

After noticing this place was fairly busy when passing by several times, we figured the locals like to frequent Taylor's. So on a weekend night we stopped inand ordered the special, which on this night was ribs. Mistake number one. Hard to chew and very fatty, the ribs were quite disappointing. Spouse ordered country fried steak. Mistake number two. Nothing to write home about the meal seemed llike the kitchen staff there simply mailed it in. Yes, we did find plenty of locals here, but that did not translate into good food. There are plenty of other choices in Southport. Pick one, or take your chances with a place that seems to have tired of being creative with their meals.

Visited February 2014
Philadelphia PA
“Food and ambiance are awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Comfort food at its best. Eat here often and the food is absolutely delicious. Black eyed peas and sweet potatoe soufflé - one of my favorites. Breakfast always out of the ordinary. The owners are so sweet

Visited February 2014
Southport, North Carolina
“D-licious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband and I woke up wanting a good breakfast! Where to go in Southport?
Taylor's! Friendly atmosphere, great services and OMG , the food!
My husband tried the pumpkin pancakes and they were great, nice lean, crisp bacon
I had a poached egg special, cooked to perfection and my grits were the best I have ever eaten
( and I do not eat grits)
Definitely we will be back, these folks can COOK !

Willow Spring, North Carolina
“Good Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My husband and I went for breakfast and thought it was pretty good. I had country ham, eggs and grits. LOVED the grits, they were nice and creamy (the perfect shrimp and grits- grits). The country ham was tasty too but, there was very little of it (due to the fact that it had a bone in it and lots of fat around the edge).

My husband had sausage, eggs and home fries. Unfortunately his home fries were cold. I think they would have been good, had they have been hot.

We went at a good time when we were able to get a seat. When we left most tables were full as it isn't a huge place.

I would probably go back and give them another try, maybe for lunch?

• Visited January 2014