“awesome location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riverside Motel

Riverside Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Southport
Riverside Motel
103 W Bay Street, Southport, NC 28461   |
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Southport
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
“awesome location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This motel is in such a beautiful location, right on the water, with a little porch attached to each room. The room was very clean, our only complaint was at one point we ran out of toilet paper and could not get ahold of anyone to get more - ended up driving to a 7-11 and purchased some. Overall, however, we loved our stay here and would most likely stay again if ever in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This Motel is right on the water, single story, quiet and a comfortable room. The room was very clean, all bedding fresh and the bed was comfortable. If you are looking for something different from big city hotels this is the place. There is a back porch with a wonderful view of the river and a porch swing to relax on. The room and bathroom are small however all of the above makes it worth less space. We plan on staying at Riverside Motel next time we are in Southport.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a wonderful view of the river. Ours was towards the center and was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The location in Southport is great - right on the water and walking distance to the shops and restaurants.

Our room (room 2 I think) was right next to the attached restaurant, which wasn't ideal, and the porch swing area seemed more cramped in the corner than the other porch areas. The view was lovely, but the porches aren't very private. We had a large group staying next to us and almost spilling on to our porch at one point - not really a problem, as they were quiet, but it could have been most unpleasant - not that you can really hold the motel accountable for other guests!!

The room itself had everything you could need and seemed clean enough, but was little rough around the edges. Not sure if my expectations had been raised by the pictures on the internet, but all in all I was little disappointed.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Abingdon VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Having read the reviews, I was prepared for "basic"...but a little taken aback by appearances. Later,after some time in the swing,getting a workable combination of pillows (my bad..should have brought my own) and finding the bedside light was just right for reading, I was Ok. I called to see about a TV listing and, returning from a torrential trip to dinner, found one hand-delivered and stuck in my door. And when I woke up this morning, a HUGE freighter was going by. Makes up for the rest...plus some! HOWEVER...beware of that "restaurant next door"! BadbadbadBAD!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have stayed at Riverside Motel about 6 times now, I love this motel. Pros: location, private swing on back porch facing the water, very relaxing, has connecting restuarant, other resturants in walking distance as well as shops. Fishing pier, has books in room to help with local events and stores. Cons: rooms are a bit small, the bathrooms could use a 2nd inspection during cleaning, wasn't the cleanest but bearable. parking is a bit tough if you have late check in - the lots are not marked and people are not parking to allow for others. Some people may think stray cats are a nuisance but I personally like animals - regardless they are wondering around some but are very scared of people. Overall I love it because I keep going back :)

Room Tip: check website page to see room pictures.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Somers, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I recently stayed at the Riverside for two nights. The location is unbeatable. No argument there. The room was comfortable, however extremely moldy and the smell was really difficult to deal with. I have allergies and needed to take a benadryll in order to be able to stay there. The water pressure in the shower was minimal - barely a trickle. I asked for an iron and was given something that looked like sandpaper. Needless to say - I couldn't use it. The gentleman attending to the rooms was helpful, however, overall, the accommodations were a disappointment. The view and the location keep this spot on the map.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hope Mills, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

My husband and I are in love with Southport and try to make the trip every spring. We have NEVER been anything but completely satisfied with the Riverside Motel. The room's back porch is just too good to be true, literally right on the mouth of the Cape Fear. Everything is easily within walking distance, and it's so peaceful at night. Clean rooms, never any problems with heat or AC, and the staff is always courteous and friendly. Our only "minus" is the No Pets policy, but we completely understand the need and have no problem with it. So cozy and relaxing...simply a wonderful place to stay while visiting one of the most beautiful towns in southeastern NC.

Room Tip: Corner rooms seem a bit more private and have 2 windows as opposed to just 1.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Riverside Motel? Share your experiences!