“Believe the Bad Reviews” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Believe the Bad Reviews”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Trust me the bad reviews are accurate. Our family of ten ate there and the food and service was awful. I actually never got the entry I ordered and when I asked the server about it, he hadn't noticed it, and just said the kitchen ran out of that. I wasn't offered another option. A family member gave me a plate and his baked potato. Several others got the wrong items or didn't get what they ordered. All this after a two hour wait. When we spoke to the manager about it, she replied, "I don't care we served hundreds of people tonight and you didn't pay for anything you didn't get." Trust the reviews!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

north carolina
“May 20”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was in Southport for a family vacation. Our party of 4 was seated quickly. The menus looked interesting............but that was as far as we got. After 15 min of no service and no one speaking to us............we just left. I had read the reviews about poor service, but decided to give them a chance. They had a opportunity to win me over..................but never really tried.

Burlington, North Carolina
“Awesome on the Water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This is a great local hotspot for food, fun, and drinks. Right on the water with inside and outside seating both for food and drinks. They have good local entertainment and Kelly is absolutely an awesome bartender. We have vacationed at Oak Island for 11 years and this is always a great hangout.

Visited May 2014
Cary, North Carolina
“Dog food would have tasted better”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Besides the nice view, this place has nothing to offer. If I wanted Mrs.'s Paul's seafood, I could have stayed at home. Poor service, long wait times, and lousy frozen seafood is a bad combination. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cary, North Carolina
“My worst restaurant experience ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

My husband nor I have never had such a disappointing culinary experience. We were visiting and 2 locals recommended Fishy Fish. The atmosphere was very fun, but the first caveat was when the hostess said they would seat us after the kitchen had their fifteen minute break!! It was 6:15 pm on a Saturday. I had NEVER heard of such a crazy thing, but just went with the flow and watched the Preakness. We both had the fish tacos which did not look or taste like real or fresh fish. It looked like tuna from a can, was overflowing with cheese and the tiny amount of mango salsa was disappointing because it did have a good flavor. Our daughter's friend had fried shrimp which were certainly not fresh. They had no flavor whatsoever. My daughter had the coconut shrimp and did not complain, but had had better. We are seafood lovers and were so thoroughly disappointed. I wouldn't feed this food to a dog! The service was very good, but he never asked how anything was...I guess he knew.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere