“Good food, great location!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Portsmouth, VA
“Good food, great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We arrived at Fishy Fishy with a large group of fourteen. We tried to make reservations but the restaurant doesn't take them. Since they only had one large table (which was actually four small tables slid together) we had to wait 45 minutes to be seated. Once seated, our server was very attentive and our food was delicious. We were a little disappointed that hush puppies were freely provided but were offered on the menu as an appetizer at a cost of $5.99 for six puppies. Our meals were fantastic and none were disappointed. We would definitely return.

• Visited July 2013

Athens, Ohio
“Meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Came here for lunch on a rainy Friday. We all enjoyed cups of the thick, somewhat spicy clam chowder. I had the shrimp po' boy and house chips; both were very good. My husband and his mom each had the crab cake sandwich; both said it was OK, but nothing to rave about, and rather dry with no sauce. (My sandwich came with a nice tartar sauce.) My husband wasn't thrilled about the dry-ish cole slaw with dried cranberries.

We ordered key lime pie for dessert, and here our troubles began. After waiting 15 minutes, I asked our server where the pie was. She said, "They're making it right now." About 5 minutes later, the plates arrived: very prettily presented with symmetrical mounds of whipped cream and artful lines of lime sauce. I'd rather have just pie on a plate if it takes 20 minutes! Especially for so-so pie. The granola crust overwhelmed the custard, which had little lime flavor and an oddly bitter aftertaste.

Total for three people was $68 for lunch -- and we drank water. Eep!

Oh, and it was LOUD. We were sandwiched between a party of six aging yuppies and a multigenerational table of 11, none of whom were ever taught about "inside voices." We couldn't carry on our own conversation for the volume of theirs.

Visited July 2013
Apex, North Carolina
“Best View & Great Food & Fun Drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

You will not be disappointed with this restaurant! I love the ambiance - it's so relaxing and cheerful! I always bring friends & family to Fishy Fishy cafe. I always have great service - the servers are very friendly & helpful. The fun drinks are worth trying - the pina colada & mudslide are delicious! The food is great - everything I've tried, I've loved. The grilled tuna on a pita w/ mango salsa was fabulous - so are the fish tacos (they are different than any other fish taco I've tried - so good)!!!! And again, did I mention the gorgeous views! Love this place!!!!

Visited June 2013
Lufkin, Texas, United States
“safe haven trip....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

i took my wife up to south port to see the locations of the movie safe haven. we stopped in fishy fishy cafe for a small lunch. and we loved the place the food was great. service was very good. we'll be spending time in south port in 2014 we well definitely be back to this little slice of paradise....

• Visited May 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“A must stop if visiting Southport, NC.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We eat here almost every time we are in the area. Just a short drive from Oak Island. Overlooks the marina, beautiful view, great food, live music. Just a nice way to spend dinner with friends and family.

• Visited July 2013